Hoping you guys can help me....
    Normally if I want to txt or make a call, I just type in the name or the first letter and then I scroll down to the preferred contact. But recently, when I type the contact's name I just get the first contact with the letter. E.g if I want to contact mum I just type m and I get all contacts beginning with m but now I only get like Mary which is the first contact with m and that's it. Really confused! If this helps am using a curve(8300). Pls help!!!
    Any answers are always appreciated. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-08 04:06 PM
    When you type the full name.. mum, does it show up at all. My other question is do you synchronize your bb with a computer using Desktop Manager?
    04-17-08 05:11 PM
    are these people saved in your address book or your sim card ?
    04-17-08 05:18 PM
    if they are on the sim card and not the address book load your sim phone book this might help
    04-17-08 05:19 PM
    i think they are on the sim. it normally works, its only recently that is playin about.
    04-18-08 12:40 PM
    When you type the full name.. mum, does it show up at all. My other question is do you synchronize your bb with a computer using Desktop Manager?
    no it doesnt just the first contact with M and i dont synchronize either!

thanks for the suggestions, will try and see if it works.
    04-18-08 12:43 PM
    Oh guess wat, its bk to normal now. Thank u guys for all your help :-)

04-18-08 07:17 PM
    I had the same problem for a while. I can't remember exactly what would happen but it was something like described above. I would even type the whole first name and it would like freeze for a while till I scrolled or hit menu. Then all of a sudden it would pop up all contacts matching what I typed. Just like above, it just magically started working and I have not had any problems since.
    04-18-08 08:01 PM
    Kinda curious p1nklady, what was the problem and how did you correct it?
    04-18-08 08:39 PM
    Jc34
    Err to be honest I don't know. It was just that my preffered contact won't show when I type in the name but all of a sudden its gone back to normal.
    Hope am making sense :-)

04-19-08 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD