I searched high and low on existing threads and unfortunately couldn't find what I was looking for, so here I am in my own brand new thread!

I have my BB synced with my Yahoo calendar. I've gone through and saved the configuration so that the syncing is only done from my BB to Yahoo and not from Yahoo to my BB.

What I'd like is to be able to delete an appointment from my BB but leave it on my Yahoo calendar, so that I can clear up some of the memory from my BB but still have a record of when I last went to the dentist or whatever.

I used to have the configuration prompting for additions, changes and deletions but I think I'd have to reject or accept all items. Therefore, I changed the configuration to prompt for deletions but not for additions/changes, and then when the Desktop Manager does the syncronization and tells me there are 5 items to be deleted, I just reject them.

Does anyone know of an easier way for me to set this up? Is there an option I'm missing where I can review and adjust my sync items?

Thanks in advance to all the knowledgable BB users who throw in their two cents to help me out!
    08-24-08 02:37 PM
    bump......
    09-03-08 09:36 AM
    I don't think there is an easier way to do what you want, because the actual program doing the syncing is Intellasync (better known as Intellastink by anyone who has used a better program such as Pocket Mirror or Desktop To Go).

Have you tried either ignoring conflicts, or applying a filter to your Yahoo items that Intellastink will ignore?
    09-03-08 10:51 AM
    I don't think there is an easier way to do what you want, because the actual program doing the syncing is Intellasync (better known as Intellastink by anyone who has used a better program such as Pocket Mirror or Desktop To Go).

Have you tried either ignoring conflicts, or applying a filter to your Yahoo items that Intellastink will ignore?
    I since have switched from using Yahoo to using Outlook to sync, but I still have the same issues. I guess I could try to ignore conflicts, but the issue is that I want to sync additions or changes but not deletions. I looked at filters and couldn't find anything there that I even quasi-understood.

I guess rejecting deletions is working for me right now so I'll live with it. I'd rather do that than not sync at all and run the risk of losing all my data should something ever happen to my BB

Thanks for your help though!
    09-03-08 11:01 AM
    Filtering is a way to get the synchronization to ignore specific items. For instance there is a default filter to exclude all private data from the sync. You could set a filter such as "Old Appointments" that would look in the OL category for a value of "old" and will ignore these items in the sync.
    09-03-08 11:18 AM
    I have a blackberry curve 8310 that I got from a third party how do I delete the things they have on it so I can put mine on (i.e. myspace,facebook..ect..)
    01-06-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD