Okay, just my thoughts about this CrackBerry Addiction.
    Anyone who owns a BB knows the pains of learning the ins and outs of setting it up. The first time you try to do ANYTHING to it, from adding an email address to upgrading the OS, can be overwhelming to say the least. I totally messed mine up when I updated my OS. (got it back, though) Just a quick look through all the posts here and you can see how many problems people have with all the tasks involved, from the simple to the extremely complicated. Having said that - I don't think I would have it any other way. The more exploring I need to do on a given subject, the more my addiction grows. If everything went flawlessly from start to finish, it would be just another phone. The act of troubleshooting, asking questions here, calling your provider, Googling for hours, Pulling that battery one more time - all add up to the Joy that is Blackberry ownership. The more trouble you have, the more time spent researching and more time on your BB. I absolutely love it.
    01-29-08 10:59 AM
    I agree with you on some of these things. However I find that my BB Curve is extremely easy to use. Most problems have solutions already posted here. And I really haven't had any technical problems. I think it's just because I'm such a computer geek that any problem I have had hasn't overwhelmed me. For that reason I can't say that I am truly addicted to my phone. Don't get me wrong though, I love using it when I'm bored at work and it is my only connection to the internet.
    01-29-08 11:25 AM
    I agree with you on some of these things. However I find that my BB Curve is extremely easy to use. Most problems have solutions already posted here. And I really haven't had any technical problems. I think it's just because I'm such a computer geek that any problem I have had hasn't overwhelmed me. For that reason I can't say that I am truly addicted to my phone. Don't get me wrong though, I love using it when I'm bored at work and it is my only connection to the internet.
    I most definitely agree with you. I'm pretty tech savvy so I haven't had major issues with my Curve. All of the problems that I've had been easily resolved through my searching the forums for answers. So it's all good...and I'm not gonna resolve my addiction.
    01-29-08 12:03 PM
    I think some folks in here may need an Intervention!!!
    01-29-08 12:16 PM
    OMG is this what i have to look Fw too I get my brand new Red Curve 8310 tomorrow, and now i have to work so i won't even be here when it shows! I feel like im sitting on pins and needles already

I almost can't wait to post tomorrow when im in trouble LOL

rania
    01-29-08 12:53 PM
    Not sure what you all are trying to do, but I never even had to read any instructions other than the list of shortcut keys. The BB interface is really intuitive IMO. When in doubt, just press the menu button
    01-29-08 02:06 PM
    OMG is this what i have to look Fw too I get my brand new Red Curve 8310 tomorrow, and now i have to work so i won't even be here when it shows! I feel like im sitting on pins and needles already

I almost can't wait to post tomorrow when im in trouble LOL

rania
    See now Chaz, you're frightening our new friends!

You'll be fine rania, and we all have your back

Personally, I find the BB OS very user friendly, intuitive, extremely customizable and easily upgradable by the end user.
    01-29-08 08:37 PM
    I just traded a blackjack 2 for a curve. Let me start by saying the OS on my bb is hands down superior to WM6 not too mention a much better keyboard feel. I'm hooked!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-08 09:02 PM
    It is amazing how handy and easy the OS is. Coming from Verizon, i am used to menus and programs to be buriedy my a myriad of other menus and sub menus. This OS is like fresh air.....

Plus once you let other people try the "crack" they can't stop and end up getting a berry themselves. Since i got my pearl, 7 people have gotten blackberries at my school with one more guy waiting for $.
    01-29-08 10:14 PM
    It was pretty easy to use and what I didnt know I asked here.
    01-30-08 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD