So i just added the unlimited data/email plan on my pearl 8100 yesterday afternoon (sunday) via mytmobile.com. I was just wondering how long it would take before it actually started to work. They said that I would receive an SMS text about my purchase but I haven't gotten anything yet and the when I called CS, they said it could take up to 48 hours!!

has anyone done this and would you be able to tell me how long it would take before it's activated?

also, how would the following work?
    -bb messenger
    -browser? (i have opera mini [but it doesn't work], t-zones and i hear you get the little globe thing as well)
    -blackberry email?
    -AIM (would it work?)

the only thing that is working right now is:
    -MMS/SMS
    -gmail app
    -OZ IM
    -and of course, calling

apologies for a long entry, but grateful to whoever can answer.
    10-13-08 10:14 AM
    Mine started working right away when I upgraded but I called and talked to a CS rep and had her do all the upgrading manually instead of going to the website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 10:53 AM
    It should be effective right away. Call CS to make sure it is.
    10-13-08 11:00 AM
    Oh man I hope TMobile brings a $20 plan like this when they come across the pond nest year.
    10-13-08 11:24 AM
    My bb via T-mobile didnt say EDGE for like 48 hours either but everything worked you should try it-it might work it has to register to the network.
    10-13-08 12:20 PM
    I don't have T-Mobile as I have Nextel. But when I upgraded to my BB, I went to the Simply Everything plan. The girl on the phone told me it'd take about 4 hours to update fully and my BB would get a message from Nextel telling me everything was good to go. I think I got that text in a few hours, but not the 4 that she said. When my S/O's boss upgraded his to a BB, it took almost 6 I think to get his message.

When in doubt, you can always call CS to find out.

I was given the option when I changed to the S/E plan to have it start at my next billing cycle or start then. I was only about 3 days into my new billing cycle, so I had them pro-rate my old plan and start the new one.
    10-13-08 12:40 PM
    Did you do a battery pull?

10-13-08 01:03 PM
    Also, you can log into your BIS page on T-mobile .com and add your PIN and send your service books.

10-13-08 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD