My wife speaks thai but live in sweden now. She wants to keep her OS with swedish in it, but be able to install so that she can read SMs from thailand. Is that possible at all? Cause i tried in vain to find an OS with both working. Its either european languages or its east asia.
    Funny thing is though, that when i bought my BB in thailand i updated my phone so that i could have swedish, but the Thai language was still there as an option. So it must be possible somehow....
    09-25-10 04:30 AM
    It is possible, but I know how hard/frustrating it can be to find it natively in an OS. Well, someone seemingly has extracted the necessary parts to get Thai working (I'm unsure if this enables to write in Thai, but I'm certain it'll at least allow you to read Thai): http://gadzonemobile.com/ota/languange%20pack/input/Thai/thai.jad

Point your wife's BlackBerry Browser to that address and download.
    09-25-10 08:37 AM
    I added French with the DM under applications. Some languages have tabs next to them, click on the tab & more will appear. After that use shift & enter to switch between languages.
    09-25-10 09:19 AM
    I added French with the DM under applications. Some languages have tabs next to them, click on the tab & more will appear. After that use shift & enter to switch between languages.
    Issue is, he is looking for both multi language and east asian support.

What youre suggesting here is just to add languages from the OS native language pack. OP is trying to go deeper and integrate East Asian and Multi Language into one OS.
    09-25-10 09:24 AM
    Issue is, he is looking for both multi language and east asian support.

What youre suggesting here is just to add languages from the OS native language pack. OP is trying to go deeper and integrate East Asian and Multi Language into one OS.
    yeh thats it

Thanks a lot will try that link out then. What would we do without crackberry ey hehe!?

09-25-10 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD