Do any smart phones currently allow parents to enable/disable features?

I figure with BB and the upcoming BB10 that They could introduce parental controls (through their security infrastructure possibly).

Allow parents to disable smart phones when they are in fast motion (in a car). That way, kids can't talk and drive at the same time. Of course, enable 911 and such.

"BB10 safe and secure" or some other slogan. I'm not a marketting guru. Some slick slogan could drive some sales.
    06-02-12 07:39 PM
    This has already been suggested as a legally mandated and permanently enforced restriction for all new phones. For better or worse it would also disable use by passengers using all forms of transport - not a smart idea.
    06-02-12 08:00 PM
    They just introduced parental controls with a 7.1 update which allow the disabling of some features, but not in such a sophisticated way as this (just blanket disabled/enabled not based on actions or environment). One would guess this will be brought in with BB10 too as a minimum.
    06-02-12 08:30 PM
    This is a two edged sword. You don't want kids distracted while driving, but disabling use of phone while moving also prevents passengers. What would this mean for people who take public transportation to work. Would they have to start bringing newspapers with them again?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-03-12 01:03 AM
    I agree with you, louzer. If I'm on the bus or train, I sure as heck don't want my smartphone disabled.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    06-03-12 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD