A man walks out of a cellular shop carrying his new BlackBerry Z10. He swipes into the Hub...then spontaneously combusts. A bewildered passerby looks on. He continues to walk down the street, casually sweeping the flames off his sweater. He swipes into the Hub again, looks down and discovers he has grown gigantic elephant legs. He stomps on the sidewalk, causing it to break, the ground to tremor and a fire hydrant to explode. Amused, he walks some more (with human legs) then disappears into an exploding cloud of multi colored dust. He emerges from the sewer with a look of angst & relief. While crossing the street with fellow pedestrians, a tractor-trailer unit carrying dangerous chemicals veers towards them. The man calmly looks down at his Z10. He flicks up on the screen, at which point the tractor-trailer unit transforms into a million rubber ducks. The man walks away with a "problem solved" look on his face while stepping on one of the ducks.
    Tagline:"In 30 seconds, it's quicker to show you what it can't do. The new BlackBerry Z10."

With such a brilliant, creative Super Bowl commercial debut, what could have possibly gone wrong?
    09-20-13 10:18 PM
    The beginning of the end of Blackberry 10
    09-20-13 10:21 PM
    I still like it even though I'm in the minority.

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    09-20-13 10:25 PM
    oh, that super bowl ad. it didn't make a memory, such a waste of ad space..
    09-20-13 10:27 PM
    The beginning of the end of Blackberry 10
    The past and the path that BlackBerry took after the iPhone was announced is almost comical at this point in hindsight. They kept saying it didn't matter, the iPhone was a toy, yet they kept trying to come up with an answer to it. storm, storm 2, people here actually labeled the torch as an "iPhone killer" The fact that the Z10 wasn't the original answer 5 years ago, and that it's just now responding tells the real story.
    09-20-13 10:30 PM
    If you don't name your child "Wu" you aren't living.
    realsuprimo likes this.
    09-20-13 10:30 PM
    It was a great ad. all the media was on it and saying it was about the best super bowl ad of the year I believe. But after that, there was nearly no ads in the US. Until recently..

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-20-13 10:32 PM
    The past and the path that BlackBerry took after the iPhone was announced is almost comical at this point in hindsight. They kept saying it didn't matter, the iPhone was a toy, yet they kept trying to come up with an answer to it. storm, storm 2, people here actually labeled the torch as an "iPhone killer" The fact that the Z10 wasn't the original answer 5 years ago, and that it's just now responding tells the real story.
    What's comical is many CrackBerry posters continue saying things like the iPhone is just a toy.
    09-20-13 10:36 PM
    It was a great ad. all the media was on it and saying it was about the best super bowl ad of the year I believe. But after that, there was nearly no ads in the US. Until recently..

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't that a voting poll rigged by fans from this site LOL
    09-20-13 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, it wasn't.
    Last edited by KQ17; 09-21-13 at 12:36 AM. Reason: I accidentally a quote.
    09-21-13 12:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, whatever reaction there was, and I recall none from the media itself, was: WTF was that all about?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-21-13 12:43 AM
    No, it wasn't.
    It got people's attention, so yes, it was a great ad..

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 12:48 AM
    I swear I feel a connection with that commercial.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 12:50 AM
    Waste of money. They should have done commercials during the Grammys and Oscars in late February, just weeks before the Z10 actually launched.

Two huge events in the U.S. that everyone watches.

They should have been a part of the gifting suites, so that every attendee got a Z10 ahead of launch.

Pictures of those celebrities would have been featured in magazines (and TMZ or whatever else online) in the weeks prior to the launch of the Z10 to the public.

Could have done that with the Super Bowl ad budget, I'm sure.

Celebrities still love BlackBerry...always have.

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-21-13 12:50 AM
    I see what you did there.

via Tapatalk
    09-21-13 01:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    OK, fair enough
    It got your attention
    Who was the second one?
    09-21-13 09:10 AM
    I think they took a bad turn when they lost the right to use the name BBX.

http://techland.time.com/2011/12/07/...rademark-woes/
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-21-13 09:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Then why didn't Z10's sell out?
    09-21-13 09:54 AM
    Then why didn't Z10's sell out?
    Cause was the only darn ad they ran, it needed part 1,2,3,4.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    09-21-13 09:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    I remember the media asking basically what the was that about? It didn't show crap about the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-21-13 10:00 AM
    not only in the US, we only saw the Ad for BB when we log on you tubes, or searching it on Google.. sad but the marketing team really sucks!
    09-21-13 10:05 AM
    Cause was the only darn ad they ran, it needed part 1,2,3,4.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps, but no way to prove that.
    09-21-13 10:08 AM
    Perhaps, but no way to prove that.
    No can't prove it, but it might have helped.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:10 AM
    I didn't really like it the moment I viewed it. Then, after a few days of seeing it on YouTube etc....it grew on me. I wonder if it would have been better to just play the crap out of it for a month instead of just once at the Super Bowl? Who knows? It's obvious BlackBerry is where it is today because of the lack of marketing. So many people have known idea how amazing bb10 is. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:28 AM
    I didn't really like it the moment I viewed it. Then, after a few days of seeing it on YouTube etc....it grew on me. I wonder if it would have been better to just play the crap out of it for a month instead of just once at the Super Bowl? Who knows? It's obvious BlackBerry is where it is today because of the lack of marketing. So many people have known idea how amazing bb10 is. Shame.
    I've watched it numerous times to see if it would grow on me. It hasn't.

Although it probably would had it been released in 2014, with BlackBerry 10 already firmly established in the market. It would have served as a good imaging opportunity.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    10-14-13 10:16 PM
35 12