Wouldn't it be cool to have a gesture for active frames? I just saw this idea on a post about "pinch to close " I think it'd be awesome. My only problem is keeping these gestures universal while not having like 100 gestures... because seriously?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:49 PM
    Wouldn't it be cool to have a gesture for active frames? I just saw this idea on a post about "pinch to close " I think it'd be awesome. My only problem is keeping these gestures universal while not having like 100 gestures... because seriously?

Posted via CB10
    Cool idea.
    03-20-14 09:34 PM
    Check out sailfish os. Interactive frames music player has tap to play/ pause, swipe left/right to change songs. Video continues playing in the frame. The frames display real-time updates.
    03-20-14 10:08 PM
    Check out sailfish os. Interactive frames music player has tap to play/ pause, swipe left/right to change songs. Video continues playing in the frame. The frames display real-time updates.
    Sounds awesome. BlackBerry has real potential with this yet they are botching it

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:49 AM
    Not a fan of "pinch to zoom" to close apps since you need two hands to perform it.(you need other hand to hold the phone.)
    However a swipe gesture is welcome since it is easier to execute and you can perform it with one hand busy.
    03-21-14 12:06 PM
    Not a fan of "pinch to zoom" to close apps since you need two hands to perform it.(you need other hand to hold the phone.)
    However a swipe gesture is welcome since it is easier to execute and you can perform it with one hand busy.
    I thought about that but then idk what gesture would work too well. I kinda liked the ios adaptation.. Ik they didn't come up with it but it works well

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:24 PM
    Personally I don't use active frames and would prefer to just swipe up past the half way point to close an app, rather than up and tap ,I miss the x when I'm in a hurry. simpler and more elegant. Up to half way - goes to active frame, past half way closes.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:31 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...oncept-916695/

This is my idea...included are mockups of what it would/could look like...I can't draw all the animations but the detailed description will give you a good idea!

This is how active frames should be! Swipe to close, Swipe to pin...rearrange, resize...interaction within frames! THE WORKS!
    03-21-14 01:33 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...oncept-916695/

This is my idea...included are mockups of what it would/could look like...I can't draw all the animations but the detailed description will give you a good idea!

This is how active frames should be! Swipe to close, Swipe to pin...rearrange, resize...interaction within frames! THE WORKS!
    I actually loved your idea.. as it is more interactive. If polished up would be awesome. I kind of like being able to see at least 4 though

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 02:19 PM
    I actually loved your idea.. as it is more interactive. If polished up would be awesome. I kind of like being able to see at least 4 though

Posted via CB10
    Well the fourth would be kind of faded behind the bottom bar with the camera, search, call...

I know 4 would be good, but currently with the implementation now not many people ever keep 4 active frames open! there isn't much reason and it has been stated countless times that most people just instantly close the app when done! So 4 would be good...and maybe on a Z30 screen it can fit the 4 frames fully...what I did would be be for z10...so obviously bigger screen, more frames...that being said again not many people keep that many open anyways...so why not have 3 showing with a hell of a lot more functionality!
    03-21-14 02:22 PM
    I find it amusing how a lot of BB10 users don't use the active frames much. I only kept 2 or 3 open on my Z10.

I regularly keep 5-6 covers open on my Jolla. Partly because I prefer the smaller frame look and partly because everything including the sms and email apps can be a cover. It's very useful.
    03-21-14 03:06 PM
    The active frames in the PlayBook could be swiped up to close, way more efficient then tapping a tiny little x....
    They should re implement that

And some active frames do a great job at display important info but some of the 3rd party apps and obv the android apps don't

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 03:12 PM
    The active frames in the PlayBook could be swiped up to close, way more efficient then tapping a tiny little x....
    They should re implement that

And some active frames do a great job at display important info but some of the 3rd party apps and obv the android apps don't

Posted via CB10
    The pb os is what apple ended up using... note both didn't come up with it

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 03:43 PM
    The pb os is what apple ended up using... note both didn't come up with it

Posted via CB10
    Im not arguing who was the innovator here, I just wish I could swipe up to send the app to the active frame(which is how it is already) and then be able to grab the frame and throw it away so to speak like the pb.....
    I personally have a hard time pressing the x on the z10 it's soo small and a double swipe gesture wouldn't bother me one bit...

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:12 PM
    Im not arguing who was the innovator here, I just wish I could swipe up to send the app to the active frame(which is how it is already) and then be able to grab the frame and throw it away so to speak like the pb.....
    I personally have a hard time pressing the x on the z10 it's soo small and a double swipe gesture wouldn't bother me one bit...

Posted via CB10
    I just added that so someone doesn't come along and "correct ' me later. Anyways I want a swipe to close as well

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:16 PM