does my blackberry curve8320 have to be activated ? - if so how?

does blackberry support its products at all? apparently not
    02-08-09 07:02 AM
    What you do mean activated? Activation is taken care of by your provider. If you are making call/texting/using data it's activated. The only thing you need to do is register the PIN with the BIS website to receive and send email/use data.

...and yes RIM supports their products BlackBerry - Support & Services
    02-08-09 07:07 AM
    does my blackberry curve8320 have to be activated ? - if so how?

does blackberry support its products at all? apparently not
    Once you book "Blackberry Option", your Blackberry will be registered - you will receive confirmation "SMS".
    02-08-09 07:14 AM
    I'm just wondering...

To the OP (PETER CODNER): Did you get your BlackBerry from your wireless carrier, or did you buy your BB from another source? I'm just reading your other posts, and it seems like you were just given this device "cold" i.e. no one led you through it or attempted to tell you how to set things up.

Here's an online tutorial from RIM - 101 Demonstrator for the BlackBerry� 8320™ Smartphone.
    02-08-09 09:17 AM
    I got my BB from orange who don't have a clue about them or anything

do I need to be able to recite the bible back wards in Swahili to get it to go on the internet?orange muble something about an IMEI number and a website but blackberry. co.uk or black berry .com is just a mass of shiny pictures no help AT ALL, in fact i think BB just laugh to themselves when another fool like me gets one. i teel all my friends to avoid them like the plague
    02-08-09 01:38 PM
    Well honey sounds like you've found the right place to learn. DOn't be discouraged. Ask away and the friendly folks here at Crackberry will help, even if they just tell you to search. Make sure you read the Blackberry 101 stuff, it really does help.
    02-08-09 01:50 PM
    Go here

BlackBerry Internet Service

And create an account, it should walk you thru the process.

EDIT: That link is for Orange UK
    02-08-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD