Call me crazy cause I think I've developed a fear of heights when I am using my blackberry. Not fear of heights in general, but fear of dropping my blackberry from elevated heights. For example, when I walk up stairs or pass glass barriers of floor levels, I keep thinking that I will either drop or throw my phone down the floors and break it. I am officially a Blackberry Addict.
    11-28-11 04:10 PM
    Call me crazy cause I think I've developed a fear of heights when I am using my blackberry. Not fear of heights in general, but fear of dropping my blackberry from elevated heights. For example, when I walk up stairs or pass glass barriers of floor levels, I keep thinking that I will either drop or throw my phone down the floors and break it. I am officially a Blackberry Addict.
    You're not alone! lol I actually had the experience of seeing my BB take a fall from the top of the staircase in my house. I had just gotten my new 9860 a week before when my 5 year old son threw a tantrum, grabbed my phone off the coffee table, ran up the stairs and let it go hitting the marble floor below. BB's and marble aren't a good mix at high speeds I found out. Lol Needless to say, there wasn't much left to my baby (my baby, meaning my phone). Lol

That was one **** of an expensive tantrum if you ask me! Lol
    anon(375378) likes this.
    11-28-11 05:38 PM
    lol
    It's not a bad idea
    11-28-11 07:42 PM
    Otterbox Commuter solves the anxiety. I have had mine in one since brand new 4+ months ago. I pulled it out of the case and tried it out for 1 week before I started feeling the phobia. It went back in and I am so relieved. I realized that while it was a pleasant enough experience using the bb bare, the consequences of dropping it naked made me cringe. Get a commuter or something similar and free yourself crusher. I promise you that you won't lose anymore sleep!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    anon(375378) likes this.
    11-28-11 08:52 PM
    I do the same thing. I wouldn't even take my new iPhone out of the box until my Otterbox Defender arrived.
    11-28-11 09:44 PM
    Well, that is a little extreme. I used to be extra careful with all my BBs, getting OtterBox cases for a peace of mind. The funny thing is, when I had cases on my phones, I dropped them more often. I use my 9780 naked now and I've not dropped it once. Feels much better in the hand too.
    11-28-11 10:01 PM
    Otterbox Commuter solves the anxiety. I have had mine in one since brand new 4+ months ago. I pulled it out of the case and tried it out for 1 week before I started feeling the phobia. It went back in and I am so relieved. I realized that while it was a pleasant enough experience using the bb bare, the consequences of dropping it naked made me cringe. Get a commuter or something similar and free yourself crusher. I promise you that you won't lose anymore sleep!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The Otterbox saved my phone. It slipped out of my hand as I was getting out of my car and as I lunged to catch it, I ended up batting it down into the curb. Needlessly to say, the Otterbox didn't survive the crash, but it did what it was suppose to do and protected my phone.
    11-28-11 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD