05-19-09 02:30 PM
- Folks, I bought a second hand BB in order to check first if I like it or not. But I have not been able to set up my personal email account. I call several times AT&T and Bellsouth support but they transfer me to other lines and I got no help to release my PIN to a email@example.com email account. Also the person on ebay who sold me the phone told me that she send that request to AT&T but I still getting all these emails..
Does anyone know a phone number or email I could sent to have my PIN release.? Thanks in advance, Caesar.05-19-09 09:23 AM
- Bell South may well only deal with the account holder. If you can supply proof of purchase etc they may be sympathetic.
Do not leave any feedback or anything on ebay until this is sorted. The seller should have been able to have this matter sorted by making a quick phone call to Bell South as that is probably who they have the Blackberry Internet Service account with.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com05-19-09 09:51 AM
- I just had this happen to me just yesterday.
8 months ago when I moved, I got a new BB with Verizon service.
The person at the counter put me on the "business" plan, and
after a few months, I thought, "wth am I paying so much for?"
So me and my parter switched phones. uh...duh....
I got a Treo second hand on craig's list.
After 3 months of that ball and chain in my pocket,
and after 2 weeks of agonizing over which BB to get
(do I wait for the Niagra in July? Oh gee, that Storm is pretty cool,
but some people don't like it, etc etc)
I found a second hand BB Curve 2 months new on craig's list.
Thank goodness I had the sense to take it to the Verizon store
here where we have very knowledgeable people in the techy
The previous owner (older gentleman) had erased everything,
but, because I went to the store to ask them to just transfer
everything from that lead brick of a phone, they said the previous owner's e-mail account was still
in the network. Even the savvy tech lady had to call the verizon tech
It was a few simple commands, but this STILL had to be done before
I could run the set-up wizard for my gmail account.
I am really glad I live near a store (in the New England area) where
people are actually knowledgeable in the store,
but even more so, they knew who to call right away.
NEVER TO STRAY FROM BB EVER AGAIN!!!!!!05-19-09 10:25 AM
- There's only 3 ways a BIS account can be removed.
1. Go into Personal Email Setup (or Setup Wizard) and click the "Delete" button on the account.
2. Call the carrier and have them remove it.
3. Log into the carrier's BIS site and remove it.
2 and 3 might not be an option for you.. so look for either of those 2 icons, Personal Email Setup or Setup Wizard and follow the prompts to delete it.05-19-09 12:43 PM
- I'm sorry Caesar, the original owner has to get the pin released so you can use it. Contact them and have them work harder to get it released. Maybe get the direct number to the CS rep you're dealing with so the seller can call them. Bug the heck out of them, this is definitely not cool on their part, but you're stuck. If you did get it from EBay, you can contact them and complain.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com05-19-09 12:51 PM
- this same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago when I bought my bold from craigslist. I called at&t and was told that the person who set it up had to delete. I couldn't get in touch with the person who sold it to me so I called at&t back the same day and told the rep I couldn't get in touch with the seller and her and her manager worked with the technical dept and deleted the acct for me! I was set up 15 min later05-19-09 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD