Hello everyone, first and foremost, I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, I tried searching but I must not be using the right keywords or something.

I accidentally chose the "delete all prior" option when viewing the most recent message in my 9650's BIS email inbox. Sure enough, all the messages were deleted from my BB, and they remain on my computer (Gmail).

Is there any way to reverse this? Right now I don't have any emails on my BB (except the ones I've received since I hit the button).

Thanks in advance.
    08-20-10 09:21 AM
    Do you have a backup file recently done? If yes try restoring it... at least you won�t loose all the previous messages... only the most recent ones
    Last edited by coutojr; 08-20-10 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Lack of information...
    08-20-10 09:24 AM
    Do you have a backup file recently done? If yes try restoring it...
    ehh... I don't unfortunately, I very rarely do a wired backup to my computer, since most things I care about are backup up wirelessly through google sync and lookout (though after this little faux pas, I might have to start doing more wired backups!).

Thanks anyway for the suggestion!
    08-20-10 09:28 AM
    If the email messages are still on your email host, re-send them to yourself.

That will result in duplicate messages on the host, but it is simple matter to deleted them if needed.

I use delete prior regularly. The few messages I want to preserve on my BlackBerry are marked Saved.
    08-20-10 09:31 AM
    Sign on to your GMail account & mark the emails as Unread. If they're in your trash folder, just move them to your Inbox & mark them as Unread. They should appear back on your phone...
    08-20-10 09:32 AM
    If the email messages are still on your email host, re-send them to yourself.

That will result in duplicate messages on the host, but it is simple matter to deleted them if needed.

I use delete prior regularly. The few messages I want to preserve on my BlackBerry are marked Saved.
    I think this is my most viable option as it stands. I read on the BB website that using the "delete prior" function doesn't delete emails from the server, no matter what reconciliation setting you are using. I guess I'll just decide what I really want on there and send them back to myself.

Sign on to your GMail account & mark the emails as Unread. If they're in your trash folder, just move them to your Inbox & mark them as Unread. They should appear back on your phone...
    Tried this, no cigar... maybe I'll give it a little while and they'll show up, that would be nice!

Thanks guys.
    08-20-10 09:38 AM
    This is, of course, after the fact, but Fixmo Tools 3rd party app has a function that retains deleted emails. In it you can then finally DeleteAll, or just delete some or UNdelete items. Obviously, this takes up more memory to retain the items and is another step requiring cleanup in another app.
    08-20-10 09:56 AM
    Or you could forward them to another email account from your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 10:10 AM
    I dont believe there is a way to reverse the deletion of emails, but you can restore them if you backed up your memory (I see you dont do that often, would probly be a good idea to start, because I had something similar happen and I lost a very important file)

Also like they said before, go to host email and email them back to your phone... good luck!
    08-20-10 01:31 PM
    Hi, I mistakenly hit the delete prior button on my bb8900, and I have never backed up my emails, is there any way I can retrieve my emails back? Thanks.
    01-07-12 05:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD