We have 27 handsets that are currently set up with BT (which in the UK is actually Vodafone) on a BIS account as we were told we could access our BES in Austria with this.

Mostly they are working OK however I now have 2 handsets that I can't activate on our BES.

We also have had the problem many times where the handset has been sucessfully activated and working on the BES but the emails just stop working and we have to go through a whole load of time with BT and our IT guys and suddenly it starts working - but i'm not sure why.

Our guys in Austria are now saying we should be on a BES account but of course this is going to cost us a whole lot more (�19 per month per handset) and is not what we want to be doing

What we can't understand is why most of them are working OK and yet a few seem to have a problem......

Any help much appreciated.
    07-29-09 06:05 AM
    No. no BES feature then no license to access the BES servers.
    07-29-09 06:25 AM
    so how come most of them are working fine?
    07-29-09 07:19 AM
    Not sure, but if some are working then compare the profiles. Sure there must be a misconfiguration on the server.
    07-29-09 07:38 AM
    It should be impossible to access a BES on a BIS plan. The reasoning is there are port blocks in place to disallow this.

Perhaps O2 change your plans? might want to check it because they are more costly.

The only way a BIS user can get Exchange email is by using the Setup Wizard, which basically your ISP acts as a proxy for your OWA server.
    07-29-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD