OK, I'm sick to death with the lack of a touchscreen on my curve 9320.
    I have a choice between 3 possible replacements and �400 in my pocket.
    I can get either bold at bargain prices (�250 for the 9900 or �170 for the 9790) or I could just wait a very long time for an N-series which I might not even be able to afford.
    I'd appreciate some advice on this from you guys, the best BB community in the world!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320
    12-15-12 12:20 PM
    Wait for the N-series! If your Curve 9320 works and will survive for a few more months; WAIT! You can live with it, you're just agitated about the lack of a touchscreen, right? You'll be sorry if you have to start saving again for the N-series, just be patient!
    kemj likes this.
    12-15-12 12:22 PM
    thanks any contrary opinions?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 #BB10Believe
    12-15-12 02:08 PM
    Absolutely wait for the N-Series. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with BlackBerry 7 on my 9810, and my friend's 9900 has been an equally-pleasing experience whenever I get the chance to use it, but BlackBerry 10 will be leaps and bounds ahead of it. It'd be silly to buy BB7 with just 45 days to BB10's launch.
    12-15-12 02:13 PM
    Wait. Better for you-better phone. Better for rim -likely higher selling costs to carriers on bb10
    12-15-12 02:21 PM
    OK, I'm sick to death with the lack of a touchscreen on my curve 9320.
    I have a choice between 3 possible replacements and �400 in my pocket.
    I can get either bold at bargain prices (�250 for the 9900 or �170 for the 9790) or I could just wait a very long time for an N-series which I might not even be able to afford.
    I'd appreciate some advice on this from you guys, the best BB community in the world!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320
    I was in your shoes when I went from the Curve 9360 to the Torch 9810 then onto the Bold 9900.

I wanted the touch screen experience and got the 9810 didn't like it because the screen was to narrow to type on, then got the 9900 and found myself barely using the touch screen except to shuffle/ fast forward/ rewind songs. Some days it hit me oh this is touch screen.

But I'd hold out for the N series which I plan to get, you'll have a new OS and your touch screen experience.
    12-15-12 03:48 PM
    Wait.
    Absolutely wait.
    12-15-12 04:16 PM
    If your 9320 works and you just miss the touchscreen: Wait. Seriously. Usually I am one of the last persons who tell people to wait for BB10, but in your case, it seems to be the right thing to do. Here is why:
    I'm using a Bold 9900 since april, while it has a touchscreen, I found myself not using it as much as I thought. The whole UI of OS7.x is still designed way too much for non-touch input. The touchscreen sure helps in certain situations, like quick navigating, fast scrolling, instant selection. However I still do many/most actions by just using the trackpad, even though I was used to non-trackpad devices prior my 9900. So the touch experience is not that great on the current gen Bolds.

BB10 on the other hand side, will be designed purely for touch input. It'll give the users a complete new experience, since it was build from scratch for just this kind of touch operation. With OS7.x it was the other way around (more or less, of course): Designed for button input, with touch support just built on top of that. Kinda like Symbian, which also was always designed for trackpad navigation and just got updated to support touch input. However you could simply feel that touch experience was always kinda "meh", because the whole system was simply not completely built and designed to deliver a great touch experience.
    12-15-12 04:33 PM
    I will be one to recommend a 9900 over BB10 if you need a tried and true platform. There's nothing wrong with OS 7 if you need a mature platform that is reliable and has what you need. For those folks that need a secure communication device and do not wish to go through the pain of being an early adopter in dealing with the inevitable bugs that will creep up, OS 7 is the way to go. It will be months before BB10 becomes a mature platform and that is just a normal part of every operating system's software development life cycle.
    12-15-12 10:53 PM
    I would wait.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-16-12 07:00 AM
    I think I'll wait thanks for all the advice guys!

12-16-12 08:31 AM
    I'd say wait, but don't just wait for the N model. Wait for the first all-touch ones, and open your mind to the possibility that you'll actually find it a better experience, with a keyboard that (if you're not prejudiced about it) may actually appeal to you and be effective enough that you'll decide you'd like it instead. Worst case, you try it (borrow a friend's or whatever) and decide you'd really prefer to keep waiting for the N, and you're no worse off.

Deciding in advance that you will NOT like the all-touch model? Well, my 7-year-old makes the same choices daily about new foods, and I feel the same way about how legitimate her decisions are -- without having tried the foods -- as I do about yours if you refuse even to try it. ;-)
    12-16-12 08:45 AM
    I have a playbook so having an all-touch phone would be pretty pointless N-series + playbook looks the way to go

12-16-12 10:57 AM
    Must wait for BB10.
    Just some days left. better to enjoy a new experience than sticking on old ones.
    12-16-12 11:09 AM
    I personally would wait but you need to consider a few things first. Chances are it's gonna cost a little more than �400... We all know that the N series is going to come out anywhere from a few weeks to a month after the official release of the L series. On top of that I heard that different regions around the world will be receiving BB10 at slightly different time periods, possibly lengthening the time you have to wait... Just my 2cents
    12-16-12 01:18 PM
    The 9900 is a solid phone if you can't wait. If you can wait just know it may be 3 months before the N-series is released.
    12-16-12 02:34 PM
    Just as a slightly off-topic throw in then, how much do you reckon the N-series will cost without a contract?
    12-19-12 12:05 PM
    I would say wait, unless there is something else you'd like (Samsung, Nokia, etc.). If you're sticking with BlackBerry, just wait.

Just as a slightly off-topic throw in then, how much do you reckon the N-series will cost without a contract?
    Just a little over 400 someone mentioned previously. I'm guessing the same. I caved and upgraded to a Note 2 yesterday (still in my 7 day return period), so far I already feel bad for not waiting for BB10 after waiting 7 months already. Not to say the Note 2 is bad, I guess I'm not used to not using a BlackBerry after 6 years. I'm considering, perhaps, buying a pay as you go when my Torch maybe dies out... It's still usable. Not sure if contract is worth it on BlackBerry as opposed to other phones (I watch videos etc equally as I do BBM/EMail).
    12-20-12 08:07 AM