I installed Desktop Manager 5.0. on a Lenovo X200 laptop running XP and was able to establish a tethered connection via usb and accessed the internet...all accomplished easily and painlessly. My carrier is Bell Mobility (Canada).

However, the same cannot be said for a Bluetooth enable tethered connection. Seems the Desktop Manager does not support this. This seems very poor given the bluetooth capabilities of the 9700. It would be nice to leave the cables at home......

Has anyone found a work around they can share ?

Thanks,

John
    12-20-09 07:13 PM
    I think I have only heard of people doing it with a mac
    12-20-09 07:19 PM
    What are you trying to do as far as tethering is concerned? Are you only trying to use the phone as a modem? If so, it should be as simple as activating BT on your laptop and pairing the devices. (I've had the BT connection on my laptop thru 3 BBs so I haven't had to change it in a while.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 09:17 PM
    Vidge

I am trying to tether the BB to my laptop use it as a modem.

Thanks,

John
    12-21-09 12:15 PM
    The DM simply creates a DUN network connection and launches it in the background. If you go into the Network crapplet, you'll see it there.

You can create your own (just copy the settings), and use BT to tether. Keep in mind that BT will be speed-limited (my understanding it's about 1.2mb/sec), which is why the DM insists on the cable connection...
    12-21-09 12:35 PM
    Code:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/how-tether-your-bold-9700-definitive-guide-389506/
    Just add the new BT modem and follow same steps. Make sure the initiation commands are in.
    12-21-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD