I added a new Wi-Fi profile to my playbook over the weekend while connected to my 9700 via bb bridge. The wi-fi was WPA, once I set the password for the profile on my playbook all was fine. I did not add the wi-fi profile to my 9700.

I get home, turn on wi-fi on my 9700 (which has been off all weekend) and I get the wi-fi icon with a "1" next to it on my home screen under the time. I have never seen this before when I have been home. I use it when I'm at work because it is a hotspot that requires a login via the browser, but never at home. Now everytime I come home the icon below the time shows up for a "hotspot login" even though it does not need a login since it is saved in my profiles, and to make matters even more annoying, the 9700 still connects to UMA and wi-fi works fine, but the icon below the time does not go away unless I click on the menu and back out of the menu.

What changed to cause this and how can I make it go away??
    06-12-11 04:24 PM
    I'm having a similar issue. Anytime I'm at a spot where I've had wifi access before, it tells me it's a "hotspot"....and I get a grey'd out wifi symbol with a red "*" next to it. I'm not sure what changed...or why it's happening.
    06-20-11 06:56 AM
    Yep, same here on my 9780. I am on T-Mobile and before it would connect and switch from "3G" to "UMA", now however, my Wi-Fi still connects but I never see "UMA" anymore. Makes me wonder if T-Mobile changed it's Service Books so that home Wi-Fi can't be used for UMA anymore. I honestly have no idea though. I am going to ask someone about it the next time I end up in their store. Which will probably be soon since this is my fourth warranty exchange for a bum keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD