Please help me in a detailed answer for the following problem

I was recently overseas, and I had a great time connecting my phone to wifi, and the interned and BBM worked perfectly fine, when I can back I did install an upgraded operating system, and since then I just can't browse the internet while connected to a wifi, I am connected, its all white, its an open wifi, but I just get an error "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later, if the problem persists please contact your service provider"
    I tried everything, including wifi diagnostic, battery pulls, different wifi spots, but I can't get it to work, I can't call Verizon since I am only an addition to my friends line.

I am aware that others have the same issue, but I would really appreciate if someone can help me step by step

PLEASE HELP
    02-21-11 10:51 AM
    Is your internet working properly over the carrier network?
    Have you tried resending your Service Books?
    02-21-11 11:24 AM
    First off, what OS version are you using?

If it's OS5, you'll have to set your BB to "Hotspot Browser" to browser the web over Wi-Fi

If it's OS6, it should browse the web over Wi-Fi without needing any service books, which by the way, get erased with every OS re-load and must be reprovisioned OTA from Verizon (only way of doing it overseas is with their SIM card for roaming)
    02-21-11 12:35 PM
    Thanks for your time, as I mentioned in my original post, I dont have any service now on the phone, also my browser is set to hotspot.

BTW I just went down to OS 5.0.0.699, and it did work while it was connected to my computer, but now when its unplugged the wifi is connected, although its gray, and the internet is still not working, and I'm in an office where we have open wifi

please help!!!!
    02-21-11 01:00 PM
    Thanks for your time, as I mentioned in my original post, I dont have any service now on the phone, also my browser is set to hotspot.

BTW I just went down to OS 5.0.0.699, and it did work while it was connected to my computer, but now when its unplugged the wifi is connected, although its gray, and the internet is still not working, and I'm in an office where we have open wifi

please help!!!!
    Try installing OS6 and see if Wi-Fi works with it.
    02-21-11 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD