i have the 9550 storm 2, i really want to get the new 9860, but i couldnt quite justify spending so much money to replace a phone that works right now, so can people tell me what the 9860 has to offer over the 9550? I know that the CPU is twice as fast and more RAM, but how about functionality? I also know one runs OS5 and the other OS 7, what is different between the two? Also i have a playbook, what advantage does OS 7 have over OS 5 with respect to that? I do not have data plan, but i have IM and Email (i am around wifi a lot). Thanks!
    01-18-12 06:48 PM
    I went Storm, Storm 2, Torch 9800 and now have the 9860, there's absolutely no comparison, I even have the odd itoy and droid owner look and go wow that's a blackberry!! Battery life is a bit iffy, but not too bad if you keep bluetooth off as much as possible. I get the odd spinning hourglass but pretty rare
    01-18-12 06:55 PM
    The speed of the interface, looks of the interface, and web browsing are no comparison.
    01-19-12 07:47 AM
    If you have no data plan, and are always on wifi then I would say, don't bother upgrading

use your PlayBook for websurfing, there are very few advantages with the OS7 devices over OS5 devices if you are just using it as a phone
    01-19-12 08:03 AM
    I did the switch from the Storm 2 to the 9860 and there is absolutely no comparison between the two. Everything is so much faster, the screen is fantastic and very responsive. Browsing on it is a joy. I've upgraded to 7.1 and it made it even better, love the wifi hotspot. Why not go to your provider and check one out in person?

BTW, I've never had to pull the battery and I've had it since the day Telus released it. I say go for it.
    01-19-12 01:53 PM
    The 9860 is a single processor is not it. Over on Lets Talk.com they call it a dual processor.

BlackBerry� Torch™ 9850
    User Rating 4

KEY FEATURES:

Camera Resolution: 5.0MP, Operating System (OS): BlackBerry, Processor Clock Rate (Speed): 1.2 GHz (Dual Core)
    01-19-12 05:12 PM
    The 9860 is a single processor is not it. Over on Lets Talk.com they call it a dual processor.

BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850
    User Rating 4

KEY FEATURES:

Camera Resolution: 5.0MP, Operating System (OS): BlackBerry, Processor Clock Rate (Speed): 1.2 GHz (Dual Core)
    Single but fast
    01-19-12 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD