Hi,

I just got the 9550 through Telus the other day and am having trouble getting the GPS to work (on both BBmaps and google maps). After searching for satelites BBmaps just says that it cannot find satelites. Google Maps also cannot find satelites but will zero in to within 100metres. I read about the telus gps fix but was wondering if there was perhaps something small that I was missing. I also read that with the 5.0 software that the GPS problem was supposed to disappear. So my question is, is there something that i'm doing wrong or perhaps a deffective unit or is the service just locked through telus?

thanks in advance for any help
    11-21-09 10:01 AM
    Hi,

I just got the 9550 through Telus the other day and am having trouble getting the GPS to work (on both BBmaps and google maps). After searching for satelites BBmaps just says that it cannot find satelites. Google Maps also cannot find satelites but will zero in to within 100metres. I read about the telus gps fix but was wondering if there was perhaps something small that I was missing. I also read that with the 5.0 software that the GPS problem was supposed to disappear. So my question is, is there something that i'm doing wrong or perhaps a deffective unit or is the service just locked through telus?

thanks in advance for any help

You may have already done this, but have you gone to Options>AdvancedOptions>GPS> Set GPS Services to Location On?

On your home screen, do you have the GPS icon (looks like a target, and if Location On is enabled, it looks like it has waves coming from it)
    11-21-09 10:21 AM
    I am new to BB, and I picked up the S2 from Telus 2 days ago too. I tried the maps (I assume BB ones) and it put my location bang on. I never had to do anything to set it up. I did have to leave my basement to find satellites though.

Is there a big improvement using Google maps over the BB ones. I know I use the Google ones on my PC all the time, and they are just great there.
    11-21-09 10:31 AM
    You may have already done this, but have you gone to Options>AdvancedOptions>GPS> Set GPS Services to Location On?

On your home screen, do you have the GPS icon (looks like a target, and if Location On is enabled, it looks like it has waves coming from it)
    I already made sure the GPS services location was set to on. On the home screen I have the little "bullzeye" symbol and it has the little waves coming from it.
    11-21-09 10:38 AM
    I already made sure the GPS services location was set to on. On the home screen I have the little "bullzeye" symbol and it has the little waves coming from it.
    Hmm...I'm sorry, I don't know what else could be wrong. Don't have Telus myself, so I'm not sure it is a carrier thing.
    11-21-09 11:13 AM
    Very simple question... but, are you inside a building where you can't get a satellite lock?
    11-21-09 11:40 AM
    since I haven't had the device long and haven't installed much I decided to return the device to factory condition re-install apps and all seems to work fine now.
    11-21-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD