is it possible or there was for sure no wifi installed.........

and why is rodgers getting it? and no one esle
    02-04-09 09:14 PM
    You can use it.. Easy... Use the search function.. See if this question has EVER been asked before...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 09:17 PM
    Basiclly what xxfire is trying to say. No absolutely not. 9520 can buy we can't. And yes it has been covered in many other forum posts

02-04-09 09:30 PM
    There was not enough room on the board for GPS and wifi. The 9520 will have wifi but no GPS

02-04-09 09:35 PM
    Sorry... Not possible....
    02-04-09 10:48 PM
    If someone figured out a way to make phone calls from an iPod Touch, I'm sure someone someway, will make some wacky, ugly, cumbersome hack to get wifi on the Storm.

But why? EVDO/3G is just as fast if not faster than wifi.

Oh well.
    02-04-09 10:48 PM
    If someone figured out a way to make phone calls from an iPod Touch, I'm sure someone someway, will make some wacky, ugly, cumbersome hack to get wifi on the Storm.

Oh well.
    Doubt you could just make a hack for that kinda thing... Need some kind of hardware to actually interface with a router... Needs to have the right protocols... It's not a problem just get an unlimited data plan and your good to go... Not like you'll use your berry if your comp is right infront of you... it is for those moments you wanna check something on the go...
    02-04-09 10:52 PM
    Doubt you could just make a hack for that kinda thing... Need some kind of hardware to actually interface with a router... Needs to have the right protocols... It's not a problem just get an unlimited data plan and your good to go... Not like you'll use your berry if your comp is right infront of you... it is for those moments you wanna check something on the go...
    I was being a tad facetious concerning the Storm hack...but word.
    02-04-09 11:00 PM
    There was not enough room on the board for GPS and wifi. The 9520 will have wifi but no GPS

WRONG!!! There is lots of room for wifi... the big V asked RIM not to incorporate it into the 9530.
    The 9520 is said to have GPS and wifi.
    02-04-09 11:10 PM
    You will not find wifi on any Verizon Wireless BB due to Verizon has to many big contracts with extremely large companies that use bb and need the info secure. With wifi there is no security.
    02-04-09 11:14 PM
    WRONG!!! There is lots of room for wifi... the big V asked RIM not to incorporate it into the 9530.
    Ok, couple of things...

First, proof, or it never happened. Proof Verizon told RIM anything and proof there is room for it, without removing anything that is already in the 9530, without increasing the size.

Second, VZW requires a data package no matter what when purchasing a BB or other smartphone, even those with WiFi. What's the BFD about not having WiFi.

Third, show me a situation where you don't have VZW coverage, but you have WiFi coverage.

Edit : When 4G rolls out, what's the difference anyways. Your phone will be faster than wireless.
    Last edited by mtoomey79; 02-04-09 at 11:22 PM.
    02-04-09 11:20 PM
    Are you sure about that?

You will not find wifi on any Verizon Wireless BB due to Verizon has to many big contracts with extremely large companies that use bb and need the info secure. With wifi there is no security.
    9030 Niagra (Sprint 09) has Wifi.
    02-04-09 11:22 PM
    WRONG!!! The 9520 doesn't have a cdma chip that's where they got room for wifi. What other evil vzw anti-wifi theories can I put to rest?

02-04-09 11:33 PM
    the 9520 won't have GPS?
    02-04-09 11:34 PM
    WRONG!!! The 9520 doesn't have a cdma chip that's where they got room for wifi. What other evil vzw anti-wifi theories can I put to rest?

The 9520 will have the same Qualcomm chipset that's in all Storms. That's what I say... hey hey.
    02-04-09 11:36 PM
    Third, show me a situation where you don't have VZW coverage, but you have WiFi coverage.
    In my Business building in my University i get no signal at all... However there is very strong wifi there. This is when I wished the Storm had wifi.
    02-05-09 12:02 AM
    In my Business building in my University i get no signal at all... However there is very strong wifi there. This is when I wished the Storm had wifi.
    To continue playing Devils Advocate...

Do you have a laptop when you are there? If not, I give up. No, I take that back...You should be learning and not screwing off on your Storm...your parents, student loan underwriters and state tax payers aren't paying for you to play on your phone.

02-05-09 12:15 AM
    Edit : When 4G rolls out, what's the difference anyways. Your phone will be faster than wireless.
    I know this is OT, but- will our phones be compatible? Not sure how that all works...
    02-05-09 12:30 AM
    I know this is OT, but- will our phones be compatible? Not sure how that all works...
    Long story short - neither of our phones will work when the next generation gets rolled out. Think 3G iPhone versus previous iPhone. All those suckers on the 2G can't roll on the 3G.

Good news, we'll be up for our NE2 when 4G gets rolled out.
    02-05-09 12:53 AM
    has anyone seen the picture quality on stuff like youtube videos on the iphone when it's on 3G versus wifi? on 3G it's just like watching it on the storm, but with wifi, the iphone guys have us. The video quality increases tenfold. I wish my phone had wifi at work. I need the web and my work space happens to be where I get the least amount of verizon coverage in the entire building.
    02-05-09 01:00 AM

UHHHH WHAT??!?!?!
    02-05-09 01:13 AM

Oh well.
    One reason for me is it kinda is a downer to no be able to surf the net and talk at the same time on Verizon. I did this with ATT on my iPhone, and it's not a vital function. But damn, I sure do like to be able to look stuff up on my phone while having a conversation.
    02-05-09 01:29 AM
    What might be possible as a partial method. Would be to setup at your home or business a way to connect your Storm to your LAN via Bluetooth and then hit the internet via your Broadband connection. But it would take some work. And it would only work at that location. Also honestly over Bluetooth it might not be any faster than 3G.
    02-05-09 01:37 AM
    One reason for me is it kinda is a downer to no be able to surf the net and talk at the same time on Verizon. I did this with ATT on my iPhone, and it's not a vital function. But damn, I sure do like to be able to look stuff up on my phone while having a conversation.
    My girlfriend does this sometimes when we talk (she's got a 3g).

I gently remind her that her 'blonde moments' increase exponentially when she does and she usually stops. It's a close 2nd on my "Will hang up in 2 seconds" List behind texting on a physical keyboard phone while on a call
    02-05-09 01:38 AM

Also, it will not have CDMA or world 3G support.
    02-05-09 01:50 AM
103 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD