You can't just put it in (thats what she said)...

Personally I dont care about WiFi. I have full 3G all over my town, and it loads just as fast an my iPod Touch running WiFi.
    05-02-09 10:15 AM
    I find no point in wifi at all because say you are at your house which has wifi, then go on your computer. Say your at the library, do what you are supposed to be doing at a library which is to STUDY. Say your at starbucks, its always crowded so you are going to take the time to connect to their wifi while waiting for your coffee just to browse for a few minutes?! IMO wifi isn't necessary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 10:35 AM
    seriously i love how you make up statistics about wifi being a huge battery hog just to make yourself feel better!

lets get something straight to A LOT of users wifi may be pointless, but to some it would be awesome.. just because you dont care for wifi doesnt mean others feel the same way. I am a grad student at school where wifi coverage is in every corner of campus INCLUDING the library stacks 6 stories below ground, but there is no cell signal... having wifi would be totally beneficial there!

so in conclusion stfu
    You know what else would be "beneficial"? A processor that is twice as fast, a 10MP camera with xenon flash, infra red and zoom lens. 32gb of internal storage onboard, HDMI output. OLED screen with HD resolutiuon (for some reason)

Sound good?

All of these things are just as useful to some people and just as likely to "magically appear" on the 9530/9500 as WIFI. Are you starting to see the picture?
    05-02-09 12:29 PM
    You know what else would be "beneficial"? A processor that is twice as fast, a 10MP camera with xenon flash, infra red and zoom lens. 32gb of internal storage onboard, HDMI output. OLED screen with HD resolutiuon (for some reason)

Sound good?

All of these things are just as useful to some people and just as likely to "magically appear" on the 9530/9500 as WIFI. Are you starting to see the picture?
    HDMI output would be phenomenal, if there were also 32g on board. haha. Thanks, now you have me day dreaming. hahaha
    05-02-09 12:37 PM

Sound good?

I concur. Well said
    05-20-09 03:49 AM
    Ummm, wow. I wanna smack you with a roll of quarters...

First, show me proof VZW had RIM take out the Wi-Fi...

Secondly, I highly doubt that it would work even from a software end.
    Haa.

I wonna buy you dinner right now!!

On a purly platonic Basis.
    05-20-09 03:55 AM
    lol this is great
    05-20-09 05:32 AM
    I took a wlan card from a laptop and taped it to the back of my storm and glued some wires to the storm antenna and presto I now have wifi. If you try really hard you can do ANYTHING !
    05-20-09 07:38 AM
    the storm 9530 will NEVER have wifi...
    Well not with THAT attitude it won't.
    05-20-09 08:25 AM
    I have a special aluminum (still can't say that word) 3G suit that I put on for my 8900 and I made a special WIFI suit for my friend with a Storm...

Get the f**k over it people! You bought the Storm fully knowing that it doesn't have WIFI. Yes, WIFI is nice to have but its not as big of a deal as some people on here are making it. I certainly wouldn't take a soldering iron and new circuit board to my phone for the slight chance that I might get WIFI. Yes, I think its stupid that VZW doesn't have a WIFI Blackberry, but VZW didn't mislead you when they sold you the phone. You knew when you bought it that it didn't come with WIFI, so why is everyone still b**tching constantly about the Storm and WIFI? GET THE F**K OVER IT! (And now I proceed to take my Xanax)
    05-20-09 10:06 PM
    Unfortunately, the Storm OS was originally designed to work with wepe, the younger brother of wifi.
    05-20-09 10:29 PM
    I think they made rim take out the wifi on the storm so people would buy a data plan. And when you say that other vzw phones have it, that just says to me that those phones are probably not smartphones also being the flagship touch screen, the browser will be a big part of the storm, making it a neccesity to have data. That just my guess.

05-21-09 01:11 AM
    Seriously?

05-21-09 01:21 AM
    I think they made rim take out the wifi on the storm so people would buy a data plan. And when you say that other vzw phones have it, that just says to me that those phones are probably not smartphones also being the flagship touch screen, the browser will be a big part of the storm, making it a neccesity to have data. That just my guess.

No.

No. No. No. No. No.

They MADE RIM do it?
    Really?
    REALLY?
    Come on.

Come ON.
    05-23-09 05:44 PM

Wow, got any more BS guesses?

Verizon requires a data plan for smartphones (winmo/BB) regardless of wifi. And yes, some other phones that have wifi on Verizon are smartphones with touch screens. HTC makes a bunch of them, and if you have one you're still required to pay for a data plan. There just happens to be no CDMA blackberry phones with wifi (yet).
    05-23-09 05:53 PM
    ....la la la la la he only asked a question??? why so mean
    05-23-09 06:43 PM
    Hey people....it's called Storm 2 and its coming.

I thought there was no proof that Storm 2 was going to have WIFI? Well, no proof at this point in time at least.
    05-23-09 06:58 PM
    Ummm, wow. I wanna smack you with a roll of quarters...
    Haha
    05-23-09 07:15 PM

oh my dear god verizon stuck a gun to the RIM board and said you mofos better take out that fracking wifi or i will bust a cap in that ***

dear god

ok like the man said if vzw is so against wifi why dose some other phones have it. wifi is not secure at (look at the problems with the iphone) nobody said hey ******* you have to buy a vzw blackberry or i will kill your dog. no you picke vzw for 1 reason or another you picked a blackberry the rep told you it did not have wifi if that is a big deal pay your etf fees and go buy an iphone be stuck with crappy service and poor coverage but you will have wifi so its all good and as for making you buy a data plan yea they do even if fracking thing had wifi they would still make you have a data plan please tell me why on this earth anyone would have a blackberry with a data plan i would be like having a shelby gt500 mustang and no tires sure looks pretty up on blocks in the middle of the yard but thats it

you have a data plan so you don get charged a 1.99 a meg becaues you wanted a phone that can check you email do html ect ect you dont want the plan get a razor
    05-24-09 01:54 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD