I am on giffgaff (02) and yesterday phone got wiped and after getting it working again i noticed BIS stopped working via wifi. I tried many things, host routing, reboots even upgraded OS, still same problem. It was working fine before the wipe.

Please someone help?
    09-13-12 12:46 PM
    when u scan for network does it recognize it
    09-13-12 02:05 PM
    when u scan for network does it recognize it
    Yes it is connected to it, browser works through wifi, but BIS does not. Wifi diagnostic shows that VPN profile is not found and there is a red cross next to blackberry infrastructure.
    09-14-12 08:48 AM
    Did you manage to sort this? I'm having the same problem with GiffGaff using my 9900.
    Can search for/find/connect to wifi, at which point browser uses wifi but BB services remain on cellular network.

Wifi diagnostic shows not connected to BB infrastructure...
    11-15-12 09:48 AM
    You will need to talk to GG and ask them to double check your 'allowed' to access BIS via Wifi & get them to repush the service books. You could also take backup & delete all your service books - battery pull and wait a while & you should get them all back & may find its working again.
    11-22-12 12:33 PM
    You will need to talk to GG and ask them to double check your 'allowed' to access BIS via Wifi & get them to repush the service books. You could also take backup & delete all your service books - battery pull and wait a while & you should get them all back & may find its working again.
    Thanks. Had already tried all of the above.
    Did some digging, and it appears that GG only provide a sort of BIS 'lite', and don't have all the service books required for full connection. Including wifi use of bbm and email etc.

There are ways around this. You need to get the requisite service books from another BlackBerry which does have FULL BIS use. Try inserting a friend's sim and waiting for them to push to your device.
    11-23-12 03:57 AM
    Oh interesting - I thought all the operators (virtual and real) provided a full BIS service.

What's the implications of taking the service books from another phone and loading them in? Don't they get deleted/refreshed from GG when they do there thing, or are service books only ever blindly pushed and if you have 'extra' ones then you get to keep/use them? (unless blocked by an upstream provider/host) I'm sure you can see what I'm thinking here...
    11-28-12 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD