so i was doing an update today and my screen jus went blank and was still in the proccess of updating when i took it off! now just the light is flashing red and i cant turn it on or anything ive taken the batter out and nothing! any suggestions.
    10-22-08 09:41 PM
    Welcome to CB. I have already replied to your first thread. A couple of rules you should keep in mind when posting. Please do not make duplicate posts. It gets very confusing when there are multiple threads about the same thing. Also, when posting, please use a descriptive title for your issue. Titles such as "hllllppp plsss" and "911 question" do not help those in the forum to know what you are posting about. It also makes it hard for others that search the forum to know what your post is about. "Issue installing update" would be more appropriate and helpful.
    10-22-08 09:51 PM
    Damn I thought this was a legit 911 question, I was all ready to answer it.
    10-22-08 11:15 PM
    You and me both
    10-22-08 11:44 PM
    you a 911 dispatcher in MD?
    10-23-08 01:24 AM
    you a 911 dispatcher in MD?
    Yes I am
    10-23-08 03:26 AM
    Nice I'm one in jersey
    10-24-08 06:56 PM
    :x I work for the park rangers in jersery, not the same thing but I speak to dispatchers on a daily basis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 09:45 PM
    Ha ha no joaking aside I as well thought it was some question relating to 911. I have one now that I'm thinking of what I was hoping to see.

Maybe a question like I got VZW service yeah sucks that to unlock the gps I gotta pay extra but what if I called 911 from my cell is there a tracking program that you dispatchers use to triangulate non gps phones or can you access the gps from a phone with a open GPS or even VZW locked GPS?

10-24-08 10:00 PM
    Non gps I mean locked my B yo after reading
    I saw what I put realizIng all pohones have agps in them in the US I believe if I remember correctly.

10-24-08 10:08 PM
    I thought this was about 911, I looked cause I recently looked into becoming a dispatcher...maybe I'll PM Dispatcher....
    10-25-08 01:00 AM
    :x I work for the park rangers in jersery, not the same thing but I speak to dispatchers on a daily basis

Hunterdon county???
    10-25-08 10:44 AM
    Ha ha no joaking aside I as well thought it was some question relating to 911. I have one now that I'm thinking of what I was hoping to see.

Maybe a question like I got VZW service yeah sucks that to unlock the gps I gotta pay extra but what if I called 911 from my cell is there a tracking program that you dispatchers use to triangulate non gps phones or can you access the gps from a phone with a open GPS or even VZW locked GPS?

All phone companies are switching over to phase II e911. Some are way ahead of others. Verizon for example is still testing theirs ( at least in nj) we recieve calls everyday of them calling verifying addresses.

* phase 1 e911 gives the closest cell tower the signal hits and sends its to the closest psap ( dispatch center)
    *phase is a more accurate and can give an approximate address and can be 95%.

Now what you are talking about is not something 911 can do as we are not allowed to access gps for any one persons phone. The only way we can do that is a life or death emergency we can call the phone company and have the find when the last call was made and depending on what phase they are at we can get an area of where they are at.

For example
    Someone is having suicidal thoughts and is texting other friends this. The phone company will see when the last text and/or phone call was made and will get the nearest tower. They will triangulate the signal and we able to see which direction they are in. Depending how the phone company is along in the process we can either get a general area of say 1-5 miles or something close within 2000 ft.

Like I said its only used for life or death emergencies. So please people when you call 911 on a cell phone and it takes a few more seconds to get your location please be patient.
    10-25-08 11:05 AM

Same here, but then it is not, just like 95% of the people who call 9-1-1

Dispatcher here in Central Ohio
    10-25-08 12:07 PM
    Hunterdon county???
    I'm in mercer county :x. We cover the whole county lolz.

10-25-08 01:01 PM
    Yup - me, too. Back to work!

10-25-08 01:07 PM
    I'm in mercer county :x. We cover the whole county lolz.

Oh alright, neighbors to the south lol
    10-25-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD