Biting off more than you can chew.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.791985,-115.559425
    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 05:39 PM
    just mostly TROLLS!!! . mods .. you need to clean up the trolling so the rest of us can get intelligent info exchanged ....seriously! ....
    Shouldn't you be too busy traveling the world to care?

Because people say RIM has Over hyped and under delivered they are trolls? And you guys say Android and Apple users are the ones drinking the kook-aid...
    Last edited by avt123; 10-19-11 at 05:42 PM.
    mrsadkins9399 and preciseman like this.
    10-19-11 05:40 PM
    Because people say RIM has Over hyped and under delivered they are trolls? And you guys say Android and Apple users are the ones drinking the kook-aid...
    There's nothing wrong with saying that, but people just opening threads to complain here on a fan forum - what's the point in that? If you have a real complaint, why don't you complain to a crowd of people that care.
    10-19-11 05:44 PM
    There's nothing wrong with saying that, but people just opening threads to complain here on a fan forum - what's the point in that? If you have a real complaint, why don't you complain to a crowd of people that care.
    This forum has always been filled with more complaints than praise. I've been here for 3 year it's always been this way. You should have seen the storm forums when they first came out.
    preciseman likes this.
    10-19-11 05:51 PM
    What?
    The BBX OS in terms of features and functionality undoubtedly "leap-frogs" the competition. To be honest, I can't see how either iOS or Android could possible catch up to the massive lead RIM has there.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm..or not
    preciseman likes this.
    10-19-11 06:14 PM
    my understanding is wifi hotspot will be in 7.1

But I agree they should not have said things and not delivered. Its getting old.
    10-19-11 08:19 PM
    As a small business owner, I agree with the OP. I think he got some of his points wrong, but there has been a fair amount of false information when it comes to RIM announcement. Whether it's giving a false impression, to information that has been proven false, if I ran a business like that, my customers would run to my competition, and warn everyone else about me.

If I tell someone I will give them something by a certain date, and don't deliver, they notice. As a company with low investor confidence with people aiming to dismantle the whole company for profit, I'd damn make sure that anything that is announced comes to fruit. No more lofty promises, just simple straight facts.

I dislike the OP being called a troll because he raised a valid annoyance. He wouldn't be pissed if he didn't care about the company. If CrackBerry is supposed to be this big fan site (that RIM and the media notices), having threads like this might give RIM the idea that fans are getting sick of what's happening. Maybe they might kick out one or both CEO's, or get a better marketing campaign. But if we can have a bunch of threads start of how awesome BlackBerry is and why we came back to it, let this one stay. I doubt that if and when RIM gets their act together, the mood of this thread and all the negative comments might just go away.
    10-19-11 08:42 PM
    We need you all after politicians they tell much worse lies. But yeah RIM is guilty of it and I think learned from it.
    10-19-11 08:54 PM
    I believe RIM is waking up. Slowly but surely. I mean, they have to be, right?
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-19-11 09:35 PM
    I believe RIM is waking up. Slowly but surely. I mean, they have to be, right?
    One can only hope. IMO, part of waking up is getting rid of Jim.

Mike is a good guy. Jim reminds me of the kids who use to play scrabble in their high school english class for their finals...
    10-19-11 09:49 PM
    I certainly do hope RIM wakes up. It's going to take a lot of courage to clean house within the company, but it'll be for their good. I want to still be able to use BBs in future so I'd prefer them to stay around rather than them going bust.

Perhaps these lies are just a symptom of a larger problem - arrogance and disregard for consumers. I also don't understand why change logs are not provided for OS updates; are we supposed to guess what a release is supposed to fix?
    10-19-11 10:14 PM
    I was pretty sure everyone was well aware of the math and logic you need to have when dealing with RIM...

Add 1 - 2 years to every date they provide you.
    Realize the product does not do 50%+ of the things you bought it to do, but are promised a software update.
    Wait 6 - 9+ months helplessly for an update...
    The update will only resolve maybe, 30% of your issues... but because of how long you've had to wait, and because you've grown so used to the problems - you will think the update was AWESOME.
    Repeat forever.
    Best post! So true. I think with this new BBX, RIM is moving in the right direction but is it enough for Mike and Jim to keep their jobs well we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 10:38 PM
    As you quoted my comment, I'll assume this comment was directed at me... I've been a web developer for nearly a decade now and have been involved with several desktop application projects across the globe... I fully understand what you describe as the "developmental complexities" involved. However, if your team cannot deliver Product X by date Y, then find a team that can or don't announce that Product X will be available on date Y. Pretty simple stuff we're talking about here.

Regardless of anything - if you say it will be done, and you don't have it done when you said you would... what would you call this?

Hello Web Developer with projects across the globe,
    How come you have so much time to spend on crackberry? Do you find customers here or are you learning something new? Obviously, you do not seem to like BB much, then why do you waste your time every day on CB?
    10-20-11 12:06 AM
    RIM = repeating inaccurate messages, that's all they do, it's not new, for the past 5 years it's always been JUST WAIT TILL YOU SEE WHAT WE HAVE COMING UP then 2 years go by and it's almost here, then 5 months goes by and something totally half baked and 3 years behind the times comes to the market.
    10-20-11 12:16 AM
    I also believe the 9900/9930 does have wifi hotspot capabilities and it is the carriers decision whether or not to allow it.
    VZW doesn't turn the feature off on any other phone. They charge you for it, so they are MORE than happy to let you turn that feature on. Almost every non Blackberry smartphone has had this capability for 18 months....

It isn't the carriers stopping RIM from doing it. Or there would be 9900/9930's on some carriers with hotspots....
    10-20-11 12:24 AM

1) Angry Birds will be released for Playbook "this summer" - That's because Rovio said it was...Blame Rovio for that one, not RIM...just like when Amazon said Kindle was comming...

2) Native email coming to Playbook "this summer" - Yep they lied

3) Blackberry 9900 will have a built in wifi hotspot - it does, the software is being held back by your carrier, the hardware is there

4) Blackberry 9900 will be released "this summer" - august is summer

5) Future QNX phones will have an app player to run legacy Blackberry Java apps - We don't know if this is true or not as we have yet to see any QNX phones...though it does look like they have given up on the Java Player.....also that was said last year & not this year so it doesn't count anyway

6) There will be a Blackberry JDE environment for QNX devices - app player for legacy apps and a JDE are the same thing, so this one is just a duplicate of #5 & also was said last year & not this year so it doesn't count

7) Android will be "fully supported" on the Playbook - Have you seen the thread with all the people quickly porting over android apps to their playbook? I would say that when Playbook OS2 comes out of Beta they will have fulfilled this promise

8) An Android player will be released "this summer" - Yep they missed on that one...Lie #2

9) An Eclipse plugin for Mac with simulator support is coming (quoted late 2010) - I never heard this one, but 2010 is last year so it can't count as "This Year"
    So your 9+ lies turned out to be only 2
    10-20-11 01:08 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD