Well it had to be something major. BlackBerry said at least 4 months ago the big guns were coming out in 10.3. So we will see.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 02:23 PM
    I think it will be a 3 way show:
    Blend, Classic and Passport announcement
    09-02-14 02:25 PM
    +1. I suppose my thoughts/comments weren't complete but this is exactly right. Launch. Make available without delay - immediately is ideal. Repeat for Classic.
    09-02-14 02:27 PM
    I think it will be a 3 way show:
    Blend, Classic and Passport announcement
    Passport Launch (first and priority) with 10.3 features (but we know all about this os )
    Price and availability for passport
    More info about Classic

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 02:32 PM
    Passport Launch (first and priority) with 10.3 features (but we know all about this os )
    Price and availability for passport
    More info about Classic

Posted via CB10
    ...we, us, fans, crackberrians... but not all the ppl. out there!! Time to shake them to awaken!!
    I set up a reminder... couldn't get a free day :-P

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-02-14 02:49 PM
    Funny that a lot of people think that BlackBerry has to price aggressive while apple keeps the price of every iPhone high and the only have one device while BlackBerry has a reasonable port folio....
    Strange world the mobile world....

posted via my Z30
    09-02-14 03:59 PM
    Funny that a lot of people think that BlackBerry has to price aggressive while apple keeps the price of every iPhone high and the only have one device while BlackBerry has a reasonable port folio....

posted via my Z30
    Passport will have a very good price

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 04:21 PM
    Considering the Q2 report is out on the September 26th, 2 days after the launch of Passport, I think the financial results has very little positive news. Hardware sales wise I believe has decline further. The sales of Z3 in both Indonesia and India probably add little to the sales. That include the recent launch in other countries. So it has to be more than just the Passport launch to offset the negative financial report.
    09-02-14 07:19 PM

posted via my Z30
    Yeah, because they are leading. They could basically draw a phone with chalk on a brick and their cult would still pay premium.

pin:2B7CAF06
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-02-14 07:34 PM
    If the pricing is aggressive and value driven (are you paying attention Mr. Chen), then I think Blackberry will do well. Price it to sell it, boys and girls.
    I heard that at every launch and still not happening...
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-02-14 10:50 PM
    Pricing wont be aggressive, the moment RoBellUs get's the device, it'll be like 799,
    09-02-14 10:54 PM
    Yeah, because they are leading. They could basically draw a phone with chalk on a brick and their cult would still pay premium.

pin:2B7CAF06
    Aren't we pay a premium too? I paid $549 for the Q10 which is a phone that should sell at $199 unlocked
    09-02-14 11:00 PM
    Invite only?
    You can do your little cat-sneaking and get yourself in without invite
    09-03-14 02:57 AM
    So far everything we've seen is nothing like Z10 launch. It's much lower key. No celebrity. No media circus. Only 3 cities launch. We don't see Chen pounding the pavement like Thor did. Not even crackberry hosting anything in Toronto this time around. All in all a poor man launch.

Posted via CB10
    Launch of a niche device < Launch of a New from the ground up modern OS.
    09-03-14 05:14 AM
    You can do your little cat-sneaking and get yourself in without invite
    Im already working on it.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 08:34 AM
    BlackBerry is now a four division company. And Chen sees it as being more than a hardware one at that. So could this launch be much more than just a device launch? (Probably not but the title teaser could refer to more than bigger screen real estate).
    09-03-14 09:10 AM
    BlackBerry is now a four division company. And Chen sees it as being more than a hardware one at that. So could this launch be much more than just a device launch? (Probably not but the title teaser could refer to more than bigger screen real estate).
    It has to be bigger because the Q2 report is two days later. Rather than focusing on the negative financial report. Chen is shifting the Wall Street focus on the future of BlackBerry. He is trying to change the public perception of BlackBerry away from hardware only company. The September 24th event is not set for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 09:34 AM
    It has to be bigger because the Q2 report is two days later. Rather than focusing on the negative financial report. Chen is shifting the Wall Street focus on the future of BlackBerry. He is trying to change the public perception of BlackBerry away from hardware only company. The September 24th event is not set for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    Pessimistic view. Not saying it is not going to be the way you describe it. But the optimistic view is that JC will deliver a one /two punch. Good show on the 24th and better results then previous quarter or quarter over quarter improvement. That is what he did last quarter. If I remember correctly press releases of good news came out before the quarterly report and everyone said the financial results are going to be bad but they were not. I think the story line repeats.

Posted via CB10
    iToya and THBW like this.
    09-03-14 10:56 AM
    So when will i see 10.3.1 for my Z30???
    the 25th.....pluuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz????????
    09-03-14 12:06 PM
    Pessimistic view. Not saying it is not going to be the way you describe it. But the optimistic view is that JC will deliver a one /two punch. Good show on the 24th and better results then previous quarter or quarter over quarter improvement. That is what he did last quarter. If I remember correctly press releases of good news came out before the quarterly report and everyone said the financial results are going to be bad but they were not. I think the story line repeats.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with all of this! John Chen has been busting his patootie to get the enterprise back on track, thus increasing subscriptions. He's said the partnership with Foxconn is going well and that the Z3 is being well received overseas.

I'm feeling like the 24th will be a great launch of the Passport with availability and pricing. Then the earning report will confirm that Chen has been steering the company towards profitability. I'm ready for BlackBerry to get back into the game.
    THBW, cman5 and gokulesh like this.
    09-03-14 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, JC has a certain pattern to him and I believe that he will over deliver. He already confirmed that he is quite happy with Z3 sales and that sentiment is actually backed up by 3rd party numbers. The BES subscriptions will start to kick in and I suspect this will drive revenue higher. Blackberry is much better with inventory control and remember they still have some tax credit room that they haven't used (~200 million). So I think everything is in place for an improved quarterly report and a strong product launch. The old one/two punch.
    gokulesh, Shadowyugi and iToya like this.
    09-03-14 12:54 PM
    So who do you think will be the first to rip off the former factor of the passport?
    Any takers?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 01:37 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath for same day availability, it takes time for the phones to make it through the supply chain and into stores. Perhaps you will be able to order one same day, but I would expect a week or two before anyone has one. That is, unless you really trust your supply chain and think you can to send them out to carriers (stores) with out anyone opening the boxes and taking a pre-release peek.
    09-03-14 03:58 PM
    So who do you think will be the first to rip off the former factor of the passport?
    Any takers?

Posted via CB10
    Hasn't the ship sailed on that one?

Check Out TechCraze
    09-03-14 04:02 PM
    Any takers?

Posted via CB10
    Count on the king of imitation. China.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 04:56 PM
66 123