09-02-14 10:05 AM
    Just saw that my self, looks like it's official

9.24.2014 See The Bigger Picture-97401287.png

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-02-14 10:06 AM
    Well, there's our release date.

pin:2B7CAF06
    09-02-14 10:08 AM
    Yup, we get to see what Blackberry has up its sleeve. Passport and Blend for sure, Z20 likely and perhaps a few other goodies. If the pricing is aggressive and value driven (are you paying attention Mr. Chen), then I think Blackberry will do well. Price it to sell it, boys and girls.
    drewood66 likes this.
    09-02-14 10:11 AM
    Invite only?
    09-02-14 10:16 AM

I know that i'm splitting hairs here, but announce date. They've done this before, we know about a device, they hold one of these and boom we wait again after that date. Sometimes it's simply next day but you know what i'm getting at.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:39 AM
    Ya, I'm going to agree with you on this one. I kind of look at this as a FAIL in some ways.. Instead of playing the %^&* game like everyone else - dogs and ponies like - why not just say Passport and Classic go on sale (insert date here). Make it quick , simple. Efficient. Business like. The speed of business. Why have a launch invite only event - who cares about the hype and the inevitable let down after the event. Just get 'er done. I don't get it. They talk about a new culture yet they do the same old same old. By the time the Passport (I want one BTW) and Classic (?) are announced and shipping probably Apple will have at least a 1 month head start. It's not that Apple users will buy the Passport or Classic per se. It's just that AGAIN it makes BB look slow and reactive rather than leading the way with a fresh take on things. Just my .02.
    bbmtna, dejanh and chalx like this.
    09-02-14 10:49 AM
    Ya, I'm going to agree with you on this one. I kind of look at this as a FAIL in some ways.. Instead of playing the %^&* game like everyone else - dogs and ponies like - why not just say Passport and Classic go on sale (insert date here). Make it quick , simple. Efficient. Business like. The speed of business. Why have a launch invite only event - who cares about the hype and the inevitable let down after the event. Just get 'er done. I don't get it. They talk about a new culture yet they do the same old same old. By the time the Passport (I want one BTW) and Classic (?) are announced and shipping probably Apple will have at least a 1 month head start. It's not that Apple users will buy the Passport or Classic per se. It's just that AGAIN it makes BB look slow and reactive rather than leading the way with a fresh take on things. Just my .02.
    I suppose if you compare against Apple or Samsung, no matter what it's not going to measure up. Still that's part of the circus if BlackBerry wants to get an iota of attention.
    09-02-14 10:53 AM
    Most businesses announce new products etc at trade shows related to their fields

BlackBerry is I think big enough still to have individual launch events which is good because they can control content and the message better, like their recent security conference they hosted for example

Bring the potential customers in, show them the goods and why it could be beneficial to them, than announce when they can purchase and transition to the new stuff

I think that is as simple as it can get, if you just announce a date they can buy it, than they have to do all the research and leg work themselves... which is not ideal...

Invite them to the show, feed them food and drinks, let them watch the show... show them why they need BlackBerry, not the other way around

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    sk8er_tor, acovey, cman5 and 1 others like this.
    09-02-14 11:07 AM
    BlackBerry just need to announce the device as they will do on the September 24 and make it available for purchase the same day or next day (or at the very most the following week) . Where they fail in my eyes is that they will announce it on Sep 24 and make it available one moth later if not longer.
    They need to strike while the iron is hot as they say and not after it has cooled down. But I'm realistic and know that will not happen.

PS.
    Passport should be available on Shop BlackBerry ASAP and not 6 months later

CB10
    m1kr0, eldricho, SK122387 and 3 others like this.
    09-02-14 11:29 AM
    I suppose if you compare against Apple or Samsung, no matter what it's not going to measure up. Still that's part of the circus if BlackBerry wants to get an iota of attention.
    If they repeat the BB10 staggered launch they'll be in a different circus.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 11:29 AM
    If they repeat the BB10 staggered launch they'll be in a different circus.

Posted via CB10
    So far everything we've seen is nothing like Z10 launch. It's much lower key. No celebrity. No media circus. Only 3 cities launch. We don't see Chen pounding the pavement like Thor did. Not even crackberry hosting anything in Toronto this time around. All in all a poor man launch.

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    09-02-14 12:13 PM
    Opps! I think it's about time I update my apps for Passport
    09-02-14 12:32 PM
    I'm betting it'll be a dual announcement of the Passport and Blend, demonstrating the two together to deliver a convincing perception of something actually new from BlackBerry. They badly need this perception.

I agree it'll be bad if there is a long delay (more than a week) between this event and actual launch of anything tangible. I like to think Chen is the sort who wouldn't hype anything he couldn't deliver the same day, if he had to, but I admit that's nothing more than something I like to think.
    JeepBB, Shadowyugi and cman5 like this.
    09-02-14 12:38 PM
    Why have a launch invite only event - who cares about the hype and the inevitable let down after the event.
    Maybe it's cheaper way to get the word out than paying for a bunch of advertising? An invite-only launch event makes it "exclusive" and also allows them to manage party resources.

It would be nice, if they could afford it, to give all their employees one and announce that at the launch. They deserve first dibs.
    09-02-14 12:40 PM
    Hope they do it right this time!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    09-02-14 12:40 PM
    I need there to be a live stream. I can kick up my feet at the desk and let them shower me with BlackBerry goodness.
    cman5 likes this.
    09-02-14 12:45 PM
    Not interested by launch date

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 12:49 PM
    I'll be in London that day... I wish I could get my hands on an invitation or buy a ticket or something.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-02-14 12:59 PM
    I'm sure it'll use the Passport launch as a hook, but they will take advantage of the stage to showcase BlackBerry's expanding portfolio of businesses and activities. The idea is to show that BlackBerry is sound because it has all these other things going on aside from consumer device sales, the idea is to "see the bigger picture".

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 01:12 PM
    I know that i'm splitting hairs here, but announce date. They've done this before, we know about a device, they hold one of these and boom we wait again after that date. Sometimes it's simply next day but you know what i'm getting at.

Posted via CB10
    Not this time! I think we'll see the whole package, Passport+Classic+Blend+the new Porche Design, but then get new "release dates", say October for Passport, november or "soon" for the classic... remember, they want to sell the passport, so they retain the "much expected phone with the belt" a little bit more ;-)

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-02-14 01:26 PM
    Opps! I think it's about time I update my apps for Passport
    Isn't it same as Q10??

09-02-14 01:28 PM
    "Invite only"... o_O
    i.e. "Porche Design"... -_+

09-02-14 01:29 PM
    Not this time! I think we'll see the whole package, Passport+Classic+Blend+the new Porche Design, but then get new "release dates", say October for Passport, november or "soon" for the classic... remember, they want to sell the passport, so they retain the "much expected phone with the belt" a little bit more ;-)

Fingers crossed. It's like what ubizmo had said. Presenting the passport along with blend would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 01:33 PM

Announcement date. I wouldn't expect to see the device available until at least two weeks later, if not more unless BlackBerry has truly learned lessons from previous release debacles.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-02-14 01:37 PM
66 123