I have had my curve for about a month now, two days ago my wifi started acting up. It usually says "UMA" in caps when i'm connected, now its only doing "uma" and it keeps sayin that i have "no data connection."

I tried updating to .206 to see if that would fix it and nothing... funny thing is it lets me get to the internet, facebook and myspace apps, but it won't let me use bbm or send or receive pic messages. wtf??

any suggestions?? i need help bad... thanks!
    04-12-09 09:03 PM
    Try a battery pull on your device. Also try to restart your router.
    04-12-09 09:09 PM
    tried and tried... still nothing. its so weird, i went to re-register the device through the host routing table, there are no bold ones like there usually is. so i found the one i am on when i'm not connected to wifi and tried to register it while connected to the router and it just keeps saying "will try again when data is available"
    04-12-09 09:11 PM
    Maybe your data plan need to be re-provisioned.
    04-12-09 09:14 PM
    yeah, maybe... the only sucky part is i'm a tmo employee so i have to wait til tomorrow to call special accounts to get it looked at. i've never had a problem like this before, i'm just so confused...
    04-12-09 09:16 PM
    I recently got my phone upgraded to a curve 8900 at the carphonr warehouse.

Unfortunately, noone bothered to tell me tha tfor some reason or another, the "connection preferences" option in mobile network options is missing from ]unbranded curve 8900s compared to orange branded ones. What this means is that i am unable to adjust this setting to wifi preffered (especially as i am basement located at work) and use UMA. I have completed countless methods to get this option on the phone (ie upgrades to baterry pulls), but to no success.

When i spoke to someone at the carphone warehouse, they said that this was network specific. Funny that, especially when my contract is with orange + this option is on orange branded curve 8900s.

Any ideas as to how i could solve this?

Michael - crackberry noob -
    05-06-09 06:16 PM
    I'm having similar problems with mine!
    For ages I've been able to use my wifi to connect to the browsers with no problem, but for about a month or two now it's not been working. The wifi symbol is still white on my home network and I can use it with my apps (eg, Twitter and Facebook) but my browser won't work when I have no signal, despite having a good wifi connection.
    On another note - I used to be able to access the wifi at my college but now the wifi symbol remains grey, despite my BB telling me that I'm on the network for it.
    Confused! Can anyone help?
    12-20-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD