hey everyone just got my new 8900 last week and everything is working fine except the gps. I have OS 4.6 (but il be upgrading to 5.0 soon)

I try to get my gps coordinates by going to setting > advanced > gps and REFRESH but the phone just sits there and says "scanning for satellites" and nothing happens, after a few mins it shows 00' 00" for the location and thats it.

I do have the Data plan working with t-mobile,

any ideas?
    02-27-10 08:25 PM
    are you doing this outside?
    02-27-10 08:33 PM
    resend your service book(may help). Did you do a battery pull? In the phone option does the GPS service is on ''location ON'' or ''911 only''?(option-advanced options-GPS)
    02-27-10 08:36 PM
    I do have the Data plan working with t-mobile,

any ideas?
    YES, you need a Blackberry Data Plan to use GPS... are you saying you don't have one???
    02-27-10 08:50 PM
    He said he does have a data plan
    02-27-10 09:34 PM
    resend your service book(may help). Did you do a battery pull? In the phone option does the GPS service is on ''location ON'' or ''911 only''?(option-advanced options-GPS)
    in the Gps section i have it set to:

GPS Data source: Device GPS

GPS service: location on

Location Aiding : enabled

EDIT: also tried resending service books from Tmo's website, didnt help
    Last edited by funkadesi; 02-28-10 at 12:24 AM.
    02-28-10 12:20 AM
    Are you doing this outside? You have to be outside.
    02-28-10 09:41 AM
    Go outside with an unobstructed view of the sky and try the internal self-test. Go to Options / Status and type test. You won't see the letters on the screen, but you'll be prompted to run the internal self-test. If the GPS fails, you have a problem with your device, assuming you have it configured as you describe above.
    02-28-10 10:28 AM
    I have had an issue with GPS under Options a few times in the past... never did say it could find any satellites... still did not worry me when I could download GoogleMaps and IT could find me, within 3 meters of my position, so I knew my GPS did work... and great positioning when I was outside... it's only happened to me a couple times with different OS versions... and it does not always happen... I had one version did not work, but it did work after I reloaded my OS version.

Download GoogleMaps and see if that picks up your position.
    02-28-10 11:19 AM
    Try Google Maps, it will most likely work. Does your carrier provide a mapping service?
    02-28-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD