I just bought a Rogers(Canada) BB curve 8900 and I have 2 questions that need help:

1) How can I use the GPS function without paying the monthly fee to Telenav like my actual GPS device( like Tom Tom, Garmin etc)?

2) In order to use MSN messaging, I need to subscrbe to the data plan. I want to know is there a way so that I can use MSN under a WiFi connection?

Thanks
    04-15-09 11:39 AM
    GPS uses Data... there is no way around that... second question, I can not answer, I don't use MSN messenger...sorry.
    04-15-09 11:43 AM
    A Blackberry is designed to be used with a data plan. If you want to use the device without a data plan then you will not get all features to work and you will need to find 3rd party applications to do things though WiFi. Not all 3rd party applications will work over WiFi (most use a data plan) so you will need to do your research. For more information search the forums as this has been covered countless times. To answer these specific questions:

1 - For GPS, check this out: http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ca...ml#post1511936

2 - For MSN try BeeJive.
    04-15-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD