Another post got me wondering about speeds. I was trying for Edge speeds and they wouldn't register so i was wondering what eveyones WIFI speeds were with Tmobile.

My newest test just now reads....

Download 1869.29/max 2106.68

Upload1210.04/max1315.78

I'm abit techno stupid but wondered how this rated for WIFI with tmobile Also no matter what the number says it's still like watching grass grow waiting for my stupid browser to function.
    07-23-09 10:13 AM
    I'm not in wifi range right now but did the test a couple times recently. My numbers were a little lower than yours using my home broadband connection. These are excellent speeds all things considered, would just be nice if the browser could use that speed to go faster huh!
    07-23-09 10:18 AM
    WiFi has nothing to do with your mobile network carrier. Instead it has to do with the Internet connection that is feeding your WiFi connection.
    07-23-09 10:19 AM
    WiFi has nothing to do with your mobile network carrier. Instead it has to do with the Internet connection that is feeding your WiFi connection.
    Ok I thnkI get it

But does the way my router is configured have anything to do with it at all???? Sorry if this is a Dumb *** question

I also have the cheap slow internet connection for my internet. I was too cheap to spring for the faster
    07-23-09 10:26 AM
    Depending on the router, it can effect the speed. If you are using the default setting on the router then I'm sure it is fine. What you can try to do is unplug the power from the router for 20 seconds or so and then let it power back up. From time to time you do need to do that with routers.

P.S. Those speeds are pretty good, I wouldn't worry about it.
    07-23-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD