I'm one of the many going from a Treo to a blackberry. I'm looking at the 8830 & the 8130, I am liking the 81 but am concerned about the keyboard. I like the quesrty, does anybody have any input on the pearls keyboard, better yet, does anybody have a closeup picture of the 8130's keyboard.

Whet is your opinion and why?

thanks
    11-05-07 08:55 PM
    I used the SureType keyboards for almost 3 years and loved them. Once you get the hang of SureType it's quick and easy. However, I'd say if you're coming from the Treo you'd rather have the full keyboard and may get frustrated with SureType.
    11-05-07 09:59 PM
    what is the suretype & how does it work?
    11-05-07 10:55 PM
    SureType is like a qwerty keyboard, except it has two letters per key: QW, ER, TY, etc. It takes some getting used to, but after a day or two you get the hang of it. I had a protective gel case over my old Pearl which didn't show me the keys. After a week of having the phone, I put the case on and was still able to type very quickly.

The thing with the 8830 is the keys are really small and difficult to type on for some, or at least cumbersome. There are also those who absolutely hate the Pearl with a passion. Try both out in the store. The 8820, not too different from the World Edition 8830, had more tactile keys than the 8830 or 8800 in my opinion, but I think it varies greatly from model to model and carrier.
    11-06-07 09:11 AM
    I had a 7100 for years has sure type keyboard once you get used to it you can fly. Switched to 8830we love the phone still having typing small keyboard. I switching to the 8130 for size and keyboard.
    11-06-07 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD