I just bought a car with bluetooth and successfully, after considerable exploration, transferred my 8830WE phone book to the car! Well, the names in the "car book" were first name, last name arranged. So I erased it for a do over.

After considerable exploration again (my BB phone book was last name arranged), I found in"Languages" that the arrangement there was first, last name and that evidently controlled the transfer.) I fixed that.

Now I cannot find the Transfer phone book command. Its not in Address Book or at least I cannot find it. Can anyone help this new user? Thanks.
    06-14-08 07:33 AM
    You can do it from home screen. Options>Bluetooth>select the device, the transfer option is there…Or you can also find it by opening “Manage Connections” >Bluetooth options, same deal...

I bet you found it by now though.
    Last edited by noroll; 06-14-08 at 11:15 AM.
    06-14-08 11:13 AM
    You can do it from home screen. Options>Bluetooth>select the device, the transfer option is there�Or you can also find it by opening �Manage Connections� >Bluetooth options, same deal...

I bet you found it by now though.

I have gotten to the bluetooth options through the bloodtooth option and also Manage Connections. I get to the device but by going to the menu button, there is no option to transfer the phone book. I don't know how in the h..ll I did it but that command is eluding me!! You can go in and change the parameters of the transfer, i.e., transfer all, disable, catagories, etc. but no command that transfers the book. I am dumbfounded because I did it once already.. Driving me crazy.
    06-14-08 07:30 PM
    Call Blackberry Movers. Very low rates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 07:58 PM
    I was certain that I had performed the transfer from the Address Book setting but now don't really know. I cannot find anything in there other than choosing what to transfer -- certainly no transfer "switch" to accomplish it. I am being hardheaded about this I guess because I figured it out once but you are right -- wasting too much time on this.
    06-14-08 08:16 PM
    I think I may have the answer to your question, but I can't test it. I experimented with my wife's cellphone and my blackberry. I paired the two devices, then I went to Manage Connections/Bluetooth Options, selected her device, clicked menu, and Transfer Address Book appeared as an option. I selected it, and a message "Preparing Address Book" appeared. At this point, I escaped out of the option, because I don't want all my work contacts cluttering up her phone. But I believe it would have transferred my phone book to her device. Try it and let us know if you are successful, or what error messages you get.
    06-14-08 09:40 PM
    What BT device came with your car? Double check that you have your phone set to trusted “yes” I have had mine set to yes and it has changed to “no” on its own once.
    (On a side note set LED indicator to “on” or you may have disconnect problems. I didn’t believe this one, but it’s true.)

I use MS sync and can also download the phone book to sync…Not sure if you have that option from your cars BT.

Sounds like maybe it was not set up right. Delete device from both the car and the phone and try Jeff’s suggestion.
    06-15-08 11:02 AM
    Finally got the book to transfer but its in First Name, Last Name. Changed the sort mode in the Phone Book and in Languages but that did not do it. I read one post that says I got to configure the car's blue tooth -- the saga continues.
    06-26-08 08:49 PM
    I just did it by backing up the address book of one BB and restoring it to the other. Worked faultlessly....:-)
    06-30-08 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD