i currently own a 8830 with telus. i have always had a memory problem with my device. no matter if its 4.2 or 4.5 that im using. i thought the most recent 4.5.0.77 version helped with the leak problem but again im now finding that i have to do a battery pull at least twice a day because its getting so low...if i bring this into telus should i be able to get a phone swap?
    09-18-08 07:56 AM
    Do you have a lot of 3rd party apps installed on your BB? I ask because I was also having memory issues with my 8830 even after installing .77 but after reloading without some of the apps installed I was able to weed out the culprit. Something you might want to try before returning the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 08:09 AM
    all i really have is goodle maps and live search which i dont even use...what programs did you find that were giving you problems?
    09-18-08 08:11 AM
    memory leaks are not a "physical" issue, therefore swapping it out is not going to fix anything. it is more likely that you have a poorly written application on your device.

maybe more specifics would be helpful, like your installed apps and such.
    09-18-08 08:44 AM
    all my installed apps:
    Facebook
    MSN Messenger
    WeatherEye
    MapQuest
    Google Maps
    Windows Live Search
    Nav4All
    Crackberry App
    09-18-08 09:19 AM
    great. now uninstall one at a time until your problem goes away.
    09-18-08 09:54 AM
    all my installed apps:
    Facebook
    MSN Messenger
    WeatherEye
    MapQuest
    Google Maps
    Windows Live Search
    Nav4All
    Crackberry App
    Why 3 essentially same apps?
    Google maps
    Nav4All
    Mapquest

I have used all of these at some point in time without problems except for Nav4All and Facebook.
    09-18-08 09:58 AM
    hint: leaving facebook running in the background will suck up a lot of memory, especially if you get a lot of notifications.
    09-18-08 10:01 AM
    Along the same lines of what Oakie said... leaving any app running in the background is a bad thing for memory!!

Follow the memory optimization procedure in my signature, or use CrackMem!!
    09-18-08 10:09 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by divincenzo
    all my installed apps:
    Facebook
    MSN Messenger
    WeatherEye
    MapQuest
    Google Maps
    Windows Live Search
    Nav4All
    Crackberry App

Why 3 essentially same apps?
    Google maps
    Nav4All
    Mapquest

I have used all of these at some point in time without problems except for Nav4All and Facebook.
    The reason i have 3 diffrent ones is because they never always work. so if one isnt working sometimes anotherone will. Nav4all is great for using addresses you have already in your phonebook. (but works 30% of the time). google maps and mapquest are pretty much the same i just wanted to test out mapquest.

i also shut down all programs properly so they arent running in the background.

Along the same lines of what Oakie said... leaving any app running in the background is a bad thing for memory!!

Follow the memory optimization procedure in my signature, or use CrackMem!!
    Thanks i will give the optimization a shot!
    09-18-08 10:28 AM
    Thanks i will give the optimization a shot!
    memory optimizing is not going to do anything if an app is running in the background and sucking up cache.
    09-18-08 10:30 AM
    BMcClure is on the right track.

If your device still has all of the preinstalled sample video, music and images, it is a good canidate for a clean up.

I second the nomination for CrackMem. Most member are reporting file free memory of 20+ Mb, that is enough to insure normal function
    09-18-08 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD