Somebody please? I can't get my ringtones loud enough to hear them? Also, I can't get my ringtones to ring long enough for me to get to the phone before it goes to voicemail? I've been to verizon several times and they just look at me like I have a third eye or something. Can anyone help me? Please?
    05-24-08 04:47 AM
    **** I can't even figure out how to change my ringtones yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 04:51 AM
    From your home screen goto the icon that looks like a speaker and open it and select loud if the window closes open it back up and scroll down to advanced and select it another window will open with the same profiles listed highlight loud and press the menu button and select edit another window will open with a list of everything you can change ringer profiles for goto phone and open it and goto volume and change it to high. You can change the ringers the volume and the vibrate settings for everything from here.
    05-24-08 06:13 AM
    From what I've heard VZW's ringers aren't very loud and I know the ringer volume on the 8830 isn't very loud anyway, I had an Alltel 8830 and even with all the settings set to their loudest the ringer volume still wasn't that great. The Alltel 8330 Curve's ringer volume is much louder than the 8830, VZW's 8330 should be louder too.
    05-24-08 06:19 AM
    Look in the 8830WE Forum and you'll find a lot of info about the ring volume issue. It's a long-standing 8830 problem. Here's one thread to get you started: http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/883...olution-14771/
    05-24-08 07:13 AM
    I started witht he 8830 and found it impossible to get any volume with mp3's. It is a known issue with the 8830 and is supposed to be fixed with the new 4.5 os, which is not out yet. I would use the stock ringtones until the new os is released.
    05-24-08 08:34 AM
    I know "fanboys" love these devices but this is really sad. The fact that neither Rim nor Verizon has addressed this issue is wrong. It is great that folks have been lucky enough to find Crackberry and similar sites that can recommend help but completely unsatisfactory from a product/manufacturer perspective. How long has the 8830 been available and why hasn't Verizon fixed the issue? Oh, yeah, the vibrator canNOT be fixed as easily as finding a louder ringtone - the vibrator is anemic.
    05-24-08 08:37 AM
    i have never had a problem with the volume. in fact, more often then not i can hear it down the hall from my office. about 75 feet away. i use song MP3's as ringers.
    12-23-08 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD