Saturday, October 20 2007, @ 1:15 PM (-0800 GMT)

When you press the button on the very top right of the 8820 and hold it for a few seconds, it enters 'Standby Mode' and the screen goes dark.

In this mode you can still receive e-mail and phone calls.

WHAT power saving measures take place in this mode, other than a dark screen? Is wi-fi searching shut off? Anything else? Any estimate of how long battery life is extended if you routinely use 'Standby Mode?'

WebMistress
    The BEST Windows Hosts File Directory in the WORLD
    10-20-07 03:22 PM
    i was wondering that myself. i'm not having battery problems but wanted to see if it would still lessen the amount of power i use. For the past week I've been leaving on standby at work and when I'm on the subway and at the end of the day the battery life it no different than when I just leave it in regular mode.
    10-24-07 12:56 PM
    i was wondering that myself. i'm not having battery problems but wanted to see if it would still lessen the amount of power i use. For the past week I've been leaving on standby at work and when I'm on the subway and at the end of the day the battery life it no different than when I just leave it in regular mode.
    Wednesday, October 24 2007, @ 10:58 AM (-0800 GMT)

I can't imagine BB would add a 'Standby Mode' button that does nothing at all. It doesn't seem like 'them.' Perhaps it DOES shut off Wi-Fi searching but your Wi-Fi is already 'Off' and that's why you see no difference?
    10-24-07 01:04 PM
    No wi-fi on Verizon's 8830...
    10-24-07 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD