So when I first got my BB in December Alltel was just getting our EVDO network up and running! Well we had some problems and it was draining cell phone batteries fast! Well we got the problem 110% fix. Well my battery was still being "killed" really fast. I swapped out the battery thinking its maybe a battery issue. Well it still drains after about 2 hours of use with the mix of talk and playing around on it. So FINALLY we launch a extened battery for the 8703e and I was first in line to get one, thinking to my self that I will be able to go at least a day, day and a half before I have to charge.....WRONG!
    I guess to make a long story short...does any one else suffer from this problem?
    05-09-07 01:17 PM
    Wow... I had that problem with the Moto Q, but never with a BlackBerry. What kinds of apps do you have running. If you leave several running in the background that are constantly downloading data that might do it, otherwise I'd say you have a faulty BB.
    05-09-07 01:55 PM
    Now this may sound like a dumb question...How would I check to see if there are apps running in the back ground? I know when Im down with my bluetooth I shut it off on my BB. I turned the LED indicator off, I turned my screen down to 30%.....don't know what do to....
    05-09-07 02:00 PM
    Using ESC pretty much closes a program. ALT + ESC with give you a quick few choices or programs to choose while you're in another program. But, to be honest programs sort of lay on top of each other until needed...

Don't think of it like a Windows device; big mistake...
    05-09-07 02:09 PM
    See thats what I thought. I thought it just kinda sat there until I used it next. Are there any tips on how to "save" some battery life? Hmmm this is kinda weird....
    05-09-07 02:11 PM
    Turning off Bluetooth when not in use should help - albeit I never do that...
    05-09-07 02:48 PM
    Some apps such as Viigo when left open do constantly update and pull data, so that can run down the battery. Same if you have an IM program up and running all the time.
    05-09-07 04:38 PM
    We have discovered the same problem on several Sprint 8703E's in my company. We believe it is because the BBs are falling off the EVDO network and consuming battery power trying to reconnect. The affected BB's all show "1X" instead of "1XEV". We have tried closing all apps, turning off bluetooth and GPS, etc., but the battery still drains in just a few hours.

You said you are on Alltel. What model BB are you using?
    05-22-07 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD