Ive tried everything. All the settings are the same as my storm2 and Im sure the mac address is added to my router. Anyone else having issues with this.
    12-19-09 10:18 PM
    got it. It turns out I needed to have both MAC id's in my router but with my storm 2 I only have one.
    12-20-09 01:46 AM
    I didn't want to waste space with a new thread.

I just got this phone yesterday (Verizon 8530). Initially, I tried the Wifi Protected Setup with the button with no success. Then I tried using the PIN the BB provided with no success. I did a battery pull. I did a reset on the modem and the router. I'm obviously making sure the Wifi is enabled on the Curve.

I have a WPA wireless setup with the frequency set to Mixed B & G (using wireless connections on an iMac, Wii, PS3, and occasional iPod Touch and laptop). The 8530 does scan and pick the connection I want to use, but on my router setup page, I get a "Could not connect" message with no error code.

I read the troubleshooting page someone wrote up on this site, but I'm just wondering what I should tweak before I decide to disable all security and see if the Wifi connects then. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    12-27-09 05:27 PM
    Somebody having problems changed the WPA to something and it worked. Take a look here, the thread should still be in the 1st page.
    12-27-09 05:45 PM
    Got it working. The setup worked when I disabled security and then when I went from WPA to WEP, but I changed it back to WPA and entered the network info and PSK manually and, almost like magic, it worked. Thanks for the help.
    12-28-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD