Is there a way to make IM work on an 8530? There is no data or voice plan active just WIFI. Both chat and push email were working, but stopped on Friday? HELP Thanks!!
    01-31-10 09:04 PM
    As long as you're on an active wifi you should be able to I.M., but data plans are required to have access for everything, wifi just makes it faster... from my experience with sprint and nextel if you dont add at least a data plan you cannot use the BIS as intended. When I first got my 8350i the plan for everything data was added, but the wrong plan was added so I only had voice and could receive sms messages but no email, no i.m.'s or anything except if I was on wifi then it magically stopped working because the BB software picked up that the network was not BB everything data... I later had to go back to the store and they had to give me the specific blackberry data plan for all mms/sms, email, BBM and calling in order for my phone to work properly. In the end Sprint/Nextel stated all BB's must have data in order to receive/send anything for the internet... but then again it may be different with verizon.

btw, i also have an 8530 on Sprint network.... doesnt work without the data plan even though it has the wifi ability too...
    01-31-10 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD