- CrackBerry User
- 13 Posts
8530 updrade to a 9789 or 9790 or a 9900
Which phone bang for buck?
Used Choices: 9780 $50 or 9790 $130 or 9900 $250. These are average prices locally. BECAUSE this phone will get abused and work not paying for this one ..... dont really want to spend a lot.
Heavy industrial use. Heavy photo use. Heavy use of notepad and docs-to-go. Bridged/tether for playbook. 12 hour work days so battery. And I really could use a flash which 8530 does not. NO concern if touch or not but NEEDS keyboard.
i also considered torch but would be constant sliding 100 times a day
I beat the snot out of a Blackberry 8530. damn thing is bombproof (flipped out from under a moving city bus tire one one drop) Still works good except for a shot battery and a camera lenses thats all blurry. When I asked, the company pulled my old 8330 out of a junk drawer, went through a 20 pack of trackballs in a year on that thing. So just buying my own ebay blackberry phone to work with.
might consider a defender this time around though .
- 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM #2
I'd say 9790 is the best bang for the buck in the choices you have listed.
-9900 does not have auto focus, and you said you're going to be using the camera a bit
-9780 has a weaker CPU and less RAM than the 9790 or the 9900Sent from my jail cell using a corrupt prison warden
- 12-07-2012, 08:41 PM #5
One thing though: if these prices that you've quoted are on-contract prices, you may want to wait until BB10 is released. Two benefits: 1. BB10 might be more to your liking, or 2) The 9780, 9790, and 9900 will get cheaper.Sent from my jail cell using a corrupt prison warden
- By chautime in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 44Last Post: 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM
- By emirozmen in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 53Last Post: 11-24-2011, 10:21 AM
- By propilot5000 in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 2Last Post: 06-09-2010, 11:10 AM
- By propilot5000 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-09-2010, 11:10 AM
- By LokkenPrime in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 2Last Post: 01-25-2010, 01:37 PM