Right now i have the 8300 and have no complaints,but i am considering a change to the 88xx. I know the major difference is the camera, but i was wondering what the other sacrifices i might make with changing and what i might gain. Does the 88xx have the media player? What are the major pros and cons between the two, has anyone else switched from the 83xx to the 88xx and have an opinion?Thanks
    02-24-08 05:59 PM
    The keyboard is different, you may not like it, but you will be gaining GPS.
    02-24-08 06:00 PM
    I feel like 83xx to 88xx is taking a step backwards if it's for personal use. Is there a reason why you're doing that?
    02-24-08 06:04 PM
    I feel like 83xx to 88xx is taking a step backwards if it's for personal use. Is there a reason why you're doing that?
    I would have to agree it would be a step down, which my also translate to fewer future software upgrades.
    02-24-08 06:07 PM
    No real reason except for the larger size and the classy look it has. I guess you guys are right i do love the 8300. I guess that leads me to another question, the differences between the original 8300 which i have and the other 83xx models is it just the wifi and colors
    02-24-08 06:15 PM
    Yes the wifi, the colors, the carrier, and I do believe GPS depending on the carrier.
    02-24-08 06:18 PM
    I have worked with both. I say the advantage lies with the 83xx series. I think the 8800 definately has the mack daddy image. Its big, and just says "i am the daddy of all blackberres!" because of its business oriented look. The 83xx/curve types despite being just as powerful just don't have that hardcore image. They are for the everyday people that like the benefits of the blackberry plus the flashyness.
    I agree about the keyboard. I found the keys tighter and found myself hitting 2 keys at once a lot of the time.
    Also, the media abilities of the curve is alot better er well...prettier.
    cheers
    02-24-08 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD