Below is the listing of supported protocols for the 8320 as of firmware 4.2.2.171

-- WEP (64 or 128-bit)
    -- PSK
    -- PEAP
    -- LEAP
    -- EAP-TLS
    -- EAP-FAST
    -- EAP-TTLS
    -- EAP-SIM

I have successfully connected via WEP 64, 128, WPA and LEAP without issue.
    09-28-07 05:16 AM
    Can you give some details on how you got LEAP to work?

My company uses LEAP with WEP w/out a key, but the 8320 does not seem to allow both. Any advice?

thanks
    10-17-07 02:09 PM
    For LEAP and WEP there is a password that someone has set. For WEP you will only need a password or key, for LEAP you will need to have your username and key.

If you are using LEAP in a corporate enviroment, more than likely it is tied to your active directory login, therefor those will be your credentials when setting up your wireless connection.
    10-28-07 10:18 AM
    I've thus far been unable to connect to my PSK setup with either TKIP or AES ciphering. I was using AES, but I understand that there is a hardware component to that (which supposedly makes it a little stronger) - does it matter with the Curve?
    12-20-07 11:01 AM
    ...Nevermind. Fixed. It seems to work fine either way. (Once I UNblocked the MAC! Duh.)
    12-22-07 07:45 AM
    I've tried for quite a while to get LEAP to work. No dice. Ours is not tied to Active Directory. Just a basic userid & password to a RADIUS security server. Still looks like there is some work to do on this protocol.

UPDATE 1-16-08
    I must have tried to get LEAP working at 10 different locations in my company. Last week I went into the office and BAM... There it was. Working like a top! I had not touched the LEAP configuration in weeks. But now it works. Weird.
    Last edited by dbltap; 01-16-08 at 07:35 AM.
    12-31-07 04:39 PM
    Question on connecting to some wireless networks.

It is my intention to get the Blackberry 8320 and was wondering if anyone knew how well it might connect to my school's wireless network.

details:
    Connection type: Infrastructure
    Wireless security type: IEEE 802.1x authentication
    Network (Access point) Authentication: WPA
    Data encryption: TKIP
    EAP type: Protected EAP (PEAP)
    Authentication Protocol: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
    Validate server certificate/Trusted Root Certification Authority: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority

When connecting laptops, we usually have them run a .bat file to set them up, but this information is provided to those who might want to set it up on other devices.

It asks for a username/password on the first connect, and for laptops it will usually not have any trouble after that.

While not all areas of my campus have wireless access, the gaps are not very big. Any tips/previous experience that the 8320 might not work on this type of a network?

Still browsing the forums... Hrm research, research...
    01-23-08 01:28 AM
    I use this type of authentication at work. You will need to use Desktop Manager installed with certificates support (when installing you'll need to use the custom settings as certificate sync doesn't get installed by default.)

Then use the certificate sync in DM to sync the certificate from your laptop to the BB.

If all goes well and the certificate is sync'd properly you should be able to connect.
    01-23-08 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD