okay, i have a friend that has almost the same phone i do, I have a BB 8310 and sghe has a BB 8320. I can send her pictures and she gets them fine, but when she sends me ANYTHING, picture audio, clips, etc, i cannot view them or get them. I usually get a red x and it says "slide 1/1" It even went so far as to "retrieve" one of them, but still nothing. Could there be a setting that needs to be changed, a version difference or something simple like that? She is sending them MMS, not SMS. She is on T-Mobile and I have ATT. I dont think that has anything to do with it though. If someone is on TMobile and wants to try and send me something PM me and i'll give you my number.
    Last edited by mlbuxbaum; 10-07-08 at 11:24 AM. Reason: error in model numbers
    10-04-08 09:37 PM
    BUMP-----still perplexed. I even tried sending myself something from her phone, thinking thatmaybe she wasnt doing it correctly, but nope still same results. SOMEONE HELP !!
    10-22-08 05:45 AM
    From what I've heard, CDMA phones do not have MMS or attachments support.

I've given up on trying to send anyone anything with my stupid-phone.

(I refuse to call it a smart-phone since it can't do the basic things that every phone can do. Maybe I should call it a "SAVANT-PHONE" since it can do amazing things but basic functionality is out of it's reach...lol)

Dm
    10-22-08 08:53 AM
    I have a CDMA phone and I can send pics and stuff through BB messenger and email.
    10-22-08 10:48 AM
    Neither the 8310 nor the 8320 are CDMA phones--both are GSM. It must have something to do with the providers and the account setup.

For example, Verizon users can do MMS with a BB, Sprint users cannot, Alltel users couldn't but they just started supporting it recently. All are CDMA carrriers.
    10-22-08 12:08 PM
    I can't send pics to anyone through MMS...and I don't have an option to do SMS with a picture...any clues?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 12:22 PM
    I can't send pics to anyone through MMS...and I don't have an option to do SMS with a picture...any clues?

Same here...

Dm
    10-22-08 12:27 PM

Altell blocks the MMS feature
    10-22-08 12:35 PM
    Wow, I guess I am spoiled. Been with VZW most of my adult life and have never had to deal with any of these problems. My little BB does it all, thanks VZW! (Please no jokes about GPS, I have VZNav and I pay for it!)
    10-22-08 12:42 PM

10-22-08 12:58 PM
    That is insane...on my old phones we always could send pictures...that is a bit ridiculous, but oh well.

Chalk this up as the first issue I have ever had with Alltel that can't be resolved on the phone.
    10-22-08 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD