There's lots of discussions whether a $7 theme is worth it or not. I don't buy many themes but I just purchased the Dark Cerulean Today Area Plus (for Bold) by Themeberry (just featured on Crackberry blog).
    I had a minor problem where the Quicklaunch background color was too dark to read the text. I e-mailed them and got an immediate response from Scott at Themeberry. He has sent me a custom theme (at no extra charge) to fix the issue. In fact he re-did it three times to get it right.
    That's why you pay $7 for a theme. You get it from a quality theme builder with service to match.
    03-10-09 08:24 PM
    I wish I had credit cards. Or as I call them, Magic Cards, than I could buy pay apps and themes!
    03-10-09 08:31 PM
    There's lots of discussions whether a $7 theme is worth it or not. I don't buy many themes but I just purchased the Dark Cerulean Today Area Plus (for Bold) by Themeberry (just featured on Crackberry blog).
    I had a minor problem where the Quicklaunch background color was too dark to read the text. I e-mailed them and got an immediate response from Scott at Themeberry. He has sent me a custom theme (at no extra charge) to fix the issue. In fact he re-did it three times to get it right.
    That's why you pay $7 for a theme. You get it from a quality theme builder with service to match.
    Co-Sign. the first thing I bought when I joined crackberry a couple days ago was the 8900 replica theme. I did see the free one, but hey, $7, why not.
    03-10-09 08:41 PM
    I've always gotten the same service from makers of free themes, but hey, it's your money.
    03-10-09 08:47 PM
    It's been said time and time again you get what you pay for. That being said I have seen some great looking free themes as well. It depends on how bad you want the theme whether or not it's worth it.
    03-10-09 08:47 PM
    I wish I had credit cards. Or as I call them, Magic Cards, than I could buy pay apps and themes!
    buy a prepaid visa card. lets you buy stuff online like themes, but it's more like a gift card
    03-10-09 08:49 PM
    $7 here could get a 500 pack of Fruit Mentos.
    03-10-09 08:51 PM
    would never pay for a theme! Apps are a different story.

Yeah if I were you, I'd get a gift card and go crazy with your purchases! LOL You can get $20 gift cards from Wal-Mart and such.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 08:55 PM
    Haha. Yes Mentos, but in all honesty if you're willing to pay for a theme then do it. I mean, a lot of bb users won't pay for apps, I will (for some), and so I do. I don't regret buying them, I just get that extra feature.
    03-10-09 08:59 PM
    Me thinks not! Too many quality free ones running around. I'd rather donate a couple of bucks. $7 is a steep hill for me to climb!
    03-10-09 08:59 PM
    We would like to also add that this should no longer be a problem for the Blackberry Bold Dark Cerulean themes. We will be updating the theme series shortly to take care of this issue. For those of you that have already purchased and would like the update, send an email to support(at)themeberry.com. Please include your original order number, as well as the version of Dark Cerulean you purchased and we will put you on our list to receive the update once it becomes available. Make the subject of the email "Dark Cerulean Update". Thank you!
    03-10-09 09:00 PM
    Haha. Yes Mentos,
    So totally worth it. Only problem is that I always expect them to last longer
    03-10-09 09:08 PM
    Never once have I paid for a theme. Premiums are pretty legit but I find just a detailed, simplistic, and to the point type of themes for free. If you got the money I say go for it, but, in my opinion I would never buy a premium theme.
    03-10-09 09:39 PM
    I have paid 74 and less for themes and have been very happy
    but the best is free.99
    free themes are just as good
    03-10-09 09:59 PM
    Spending $7 is totally cool. I wouldn't do it for a theme. Everyone spends their $ differently. I mean I would spend $2500 for a writing pen. Yes a writing pen but I wouldn't spend $2500 on a watch. I have friends that have $20,000 worth of watch's. To each their own. Sounds like you got what you paid for.

03-10-09 10:05 PM
    Spending $7 is totally cool. I wouldn't do it for a theme. Everyone spends their $ differently. I mean I would spend $2500 for a writing pen. Yes a writing pen but I wouldn't spend $2500 on a watch. I have friends that have $20,000 worth of watch's. To each their own. Sounds like you got what you paid for.

Thats insane. Did you actually? Is it a good pen??
    03-10-09 10:21 PM
    I know it sounds crazy. I have a few that hopefully someday its going to be a good investment. I don't write with the expensive ones

03-10-09 10:27 PM
    I know it sounds crazy. I have a few that hopefully someday its going to be a good investment. I don't write with the expensive ones

Oh okay. Maybe they will be successful in assisting with world domination ^-^
    03-10-09 10:33 PM
    Technically you can look around to get whatever theme you want for free. Some will take a long time to find but it is all on you if you find what you want for $7 it is right there and you will not have to look for it. It is all on you.
    03-10-09 11:04 PM
    No because there are so many good free themes out there..
    03-11-09 12:19 AM
    Maybe a few months ago themes were worth buying. But now there are so many people making them for free at a quality that matches and exceeds the one's being sold in the CB store.

I get mine all free from the Theme section threads of CB. Why pay as high as $7 for something that should be free. There's no justification for spending that much on something as little as a theme.
    03-11-09 02:15 AM
    i wish there was a way to use it on a demo basis first. a lot of these themes have flaws that can only be seen after their purchase and use... no fair
    03-11-09 07:40 AM
    i wish there was a way to use it on a demo basis first. a lot of these themes have flaws that can only be seen after their purchase and use... no fair
    That was the purpose of this thread. There was a glitch in the Themeberry cerulean today area plus theme and I e-mailed them and got an answer and a fix in a few hours. That's why I said that this theme is well worth the price of 500 Mentos ($7)

03-11-09 07:44 AM
    thats the problem I had with the 8900 "today" theme! Except I got that one free so I'm not complaining too badly. Problem is that when u scroll down the home screen and reach the icons, you have to keep scrolling down regardless of the fact that the lower icons are from left to right. very annoying!
    03-11-09 08:23 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/buyi...no-why-179048/

03-11-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD