There is nothing in that article about any company having six months to live, the article is about the Microsoft / Nokia deal.

OP needs to get a life.
    09-03-13 08:53 PM
    Like I said.. deluded..

Posted via CB10
    ignorant
    09-03-13 09:08 PM
    Unless something better comes along, six months from now, I'll still be using my Z10. @OP, expect to see more of the same type of articles until something actually happens and a decision is made based on BlackBerries latest announcement.
    09-03-13 11:15 PM
    I know this is a fan site but I swear most people here are deluded to think things are fine and dandy.. BlackBerry is obviously is trouble. Here in England most people don't even know bb10 exists. It's terrible

Posted via CB10
    I just have two things to note regarding your post:

1)"most people don't even know bb10 exists" is a generalized statement that I would love to see some real market research data for. Otherwise it would be better if you said something in the line of "It is my impression,...."

2)"Deluded to think things are fine and dandy"? Seriously? I believe that you have been reading around the forums lately no? Who said things are fine and dandy? I actually believe that the vast majority of people in these forums do realize and express that things are far from "fine and dandy".

This is one thing; another thing is for some people to ask BB enthusiasts or happy BB product consumers to write the obituary of BB every single day for the past 3 years, predicting a 6 months tops life span. Those things are different.

So please next time you want to call people delusional and generalize, I would suggest you realize that while you call people "deluded" based on your personal perception, be conscious that the fact that you have a personal perception that you convert and elevate to general "reality" diluted by adding up a great quantity of personal bias and lack of back up evidence, makes your post not much more than an unsubstantiated insult to some.

and for the record I will clarify *MY* opinion is that of course BB is in a tough spot but I think they might just make it. On the other hand, on the absence of any crystal ball to foresee the future -unlike many public media "analysts"- I prefer to take a "wait and see" approach. Meanwhile, my BB10 phone is a joy and a very dependable phone to have for both professional and personal use and I intend to enjoy the &*(# out of it.

Cheers.
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 09-04-13 at 01:26 AM.
    09-03-13 11:54 PM
    Sorry for joining the community. Sorry for watching BBC. Sorry for wondering why BlackBerry do nothing for refuting negative news. Sorry for being a troll. Sorry for not being important enough...

Posted via CB10
    Nothing to be sorry about. Welcome to Crackberry
    09-03-13 11:56 PM
    To the OP
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23940171 BBC news just ran this article on TV. Analyst gives BBRY six months....
    The suspension at the end of the sentence, while it leaves "blank spot to fill in" does not really provide any insight as per your assessment of the article and the situation, it might at least be constructive to do so, considering you have just started the thread.

Ha! Conspiracy theory! Just reporting the news broadcast to the nation by the BBC. The entire watching public heard Manoj Menon proclaim BBRY has 6 months. Whats missing is a counter argument. Alternatively we could just not mention it....

Posted via CB10
    A counter argument needs an argument. I see no real argument, as is the case with most "news reports" nowadays, starting from really important issues (i.e war in Syria) to the not as important issues (no matter how interresting or appealing subjects may be to some of us that have all major problems resolved in our lives) in this world (i.e BBs future).

Sorry for joining the community. Sorry for watching BBC. Sorry for wondering why BlackBerry do nothing for refuting negative news. Sorry for being a troll. Sorry for not being important enough...

Posted via CB10
    You are welcome in the community, you ll see that most people in here are honestly nice folk and will go the extra mile in order to help people with their BB phones. As per your wondering why BB does nothing to refute negative news, I would first of replace "news" with "media war" and "rumors" and the go on to propose that you search the forums more; you will see that this is a subject discussed in many occasions lately especially. As to the "not being important enough..." I think you should not take things so personally. Most criticism I think goes towards the media and the practice of the series of "bb dead in 6 months" episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, than actually against you.

Either way, potentially the entire UK population saw it and hear no alternative view from BBRY and see no BBRY marketing activity other than a few sponsorship tags on select Sky channels. If mainstream news peddle it, the plebs have nothing else to believe

Posted via CB10
    To this last point I will agree with you. Mass Media spreading the "specialized, analyst" declarations about the "BBs is dead" theme, is something that affects the public perception and does damage BB's branding and position, this is a fact. I am also quite sure that in Waterloo they are very conscious about it. Also something I keep wondering is why do mass media people "predict" once and again and again the same thing, while they never actually support it with evidence. If say the PM was sick, would they come out and proclaim "head of state to be dead in 6 months"? I think not. So obviously, on the ethical and substantial fact based argumentation side, these people also are loosing credibility. I for one believe that this is more than a "mishap" accidentally occurring. As to why it is happening and why BB will not "refute" every single mention of these things to every mass media... well there is huge room for speculation there... take your pick, your guess would be as good as anyone's... although I think it does make some sense to not really focus on episode 5 of "BB is dead" especially when a company is "looking into strategic alternatives..."

You might as well explain please how the MS - Nokia deal article equals BB will be dead in 6 months once we are at it on about the 80th post on this thread .

Thanks for the thread and welcome to the forums!
    09-04-13 12:14 AM
    Either way, potentially the entire UK population saw it and hear no alternative view from BBRY and see no BBRY marketing activity other than a few sponsorship tags on select Sky channels. If mainstream news peddle it, the plebs have nothing else to believe

Posted via CB10
    Seeing is one thing but believing is another. But yes not good publicity all the same. We just need BlackBerry to announce the master plans of where the company is going and stop all the speculation, that in my opinion is the biggest problem at the moment.

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    09-04-13 02:00 AM
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23940171 BBC news just ran this article on TV. Analyst gives BBRY six months....
    In my opinion BlackBerry is an elderly Lady (surely nice and neat, but a little bit weird and exhausting) which is a nursing case. She drivels and she is incontinent and she forgot a lot during a day. She tries to do her shopping by herself and she recognize her badger after some seconds. Everybody likes her cause of her cute appearance and all the old storys (good ol�times) she repeated every day...
    Her doctor from Germany (Doc Thor)tries to keep her healthiness alive, but his assistant from France (proctolgist Boulben) and his greedy stepdaugher (Alicia) are not really involved... They are just too cowardly to press this good old lady a pillow overher face while she sleeps, but the knwon heritage seems to be a temptation...
    So this lovely bluehaired lady walkes every day to her groccer and vegetated to oneself and swallows all the pills which are decreed by doc Thor... The neighbours are interested in her sizeable fortune and her lovely garden, but beside this they bid the time of the day friendly...
    She wont die cause of the therapy of doc Thor, but its a question of time when this elderly Lady will fall into a hypoglycaemic coma... Boulben and her stepdaugher (there are bizarr rumours about her real relationship!) are already wearing black, but in the moment too many witnesses present to go ahead with the pillow-shtick...

6 Months to live! - BBC article-11295.jpg
    qwerty4ever and ljfong like this.
    09-04-13 02:08 AM
    There is nothing in that article about any company having six months to live, the article is about the Microsoft / Nokia deal.

OP needs to get a life.
    The web article does not show the interview and analysts quote as shown on TV. You hold your fire

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 02:53 AM
    Here are the English dictionary meaning of "DELUDE"--v--luded 1. To deceive the mind or judgement of; mislead. 2. Obsolete. To elude or evade. 3. Obsolete. To frustrate the hopes or plans of. -See Synonyms at ...deceive.

Who do you think is likely to be deluded (a) some who is in the "dark" because they have never had the BB10 experience and don't have friends who own BB10 phones or (b) someone who is rocking a BB10 phone and very enlightened, plus has plenty friends that do have BB10 phones?
    Finally, what would someone who thinks that they are not deluded and thinks most folks on this forum are deluded, be looking for on this forum, eh? Seriously, someone needs "soul searching". As my beloved BlackBerry would say "KEEP MOVING"!!

Like I said.. deluded..

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:07 AM
    Not to give BBC any credit or cause some havoc in here, but seeing as BlackBerry have put themselves up for any possible outcome, 6 to 12 months isn't far fetched at all. Who knows what we can see in 6 months time. 6 months ago, I wasn't expecting BlackBerry to put themselves up at all, not 7 months after launching BB10, anyway.
    This is precisely the reason BlackBerry management and the board of directors should have kept their collective mouth shut. We are witnessing the self-destruction of an industry pioneer at their own hand (or mouth as is the case here). The docking station of the BlackBerry Z10 was a definitive example of technical incompetence. BlackBerry Bridge reduced to a goat path instead of a highway bridge was another example. BlackBerry Protect reduced to a mere device locator service instead of even attempting to provide a unified device management portal offering full/selective backup/restore, device software reload after a security wipe are a few other examples of not understanding the consumer market. On the other hand, the lack of device backup and restore via BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 is another mystery considering previous versions provided this functionality. To be honest, I do not think Thorsten Heins ever had his heart in the fight to rebuild the company and the brand. His guaranteed pay-out of USD55M eliminated any incentive to "get it right". Remember he told us that BlackBerry OS 10 was delayed because they wanted to "get it right". I use my BlackBerry smartphone and tablet daily but I am tired of the screw-ups from supposedly knowledgeable people.
    09-04-13 11:10 AM
    Here are the English dictionary meaning of "DELUDE"--v--luded 1. To deceive the mind or judgement of; mislead. 2. Obsolete. To elude or evade. 3. Obsolete. To frustrate the hopes or plans of. -See Synonyms at ...deceive.

Who do you think is likely to be deluded (a) some who is in the "dark" because they have never had the BB10 experience and don't have friends who own BB10 phones or (b) someone who is rocking a BB10 phone and very enlightened, plus has plenty friends that do have BB10 phones?
    Finally, what would someone who thinks that they are not deluded and thinks most folks on this forum are deluded, be looking for on this forum, eh? Seriously, someone needs "soul searching". As my beloved BlackBerry would say "KEEP MOVING"!!
    The only way to be deluded by something is to be or have been a user of that something. So to answer your question, "someone who is rocking a BB10 phone and very enlightened, plus has plenty friends that do have BB10 phones" is the person most likely suffering from delusion. Many of us are well aware of reality, therefore not delusional, we still use our BlackBerry devices but we are not blind to the circumstances into which BlackBerry management has driven the company.
    devin266 likes this.
    09-04-13 11:14 AM
    In my opinion BlackBerry is an elderly Lady (surely nice and neat, but a little bit weird and exhausting) which is a nursing case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11295.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	198381
    ROFLMAO This should be the graphic used in the television advertisements for BlackBerry 10. Just the humour factor would grab people's attention and get them talking, in a positive way, about BlackBerry smartphones.
    09-04-13 11:19 AM
    sony has been losing Billions on its consoles since the ps2. they are still here, their phone division has taken so many hits you'd think they were a target but yet still make phones. Im not worried. BB will pull out of this one.. they always bounce back. And to the guy with the old lady story, my nan would kick your ****. for shame to use old people in an analogy like that.
    09-04-13 03:46 PM
    So it appears that six months is too long for the board and they plan to be sold up in eight weeks!
    09-04-13 04:02 PM
    So it appears that six months is too long for the board and they plan to be sold up in eight weeks!
    You could get slated on here for saying that

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 04:29 PM
    Tell Em Reeneebob,it ain't over until your BlackBerry no longer is being supported. God bless your mom. If this story is true, then get someone else to run the company that knows what they are doing. BlackBerry 10 is still the best phone OS out there and will only get better.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 04:52 PM
    Seriously, this is one of the funniest stuffs I have read today.

In my opinion BlackBerry is an elderly Lady (surely nice and neat, but a little bit weird and exhausting) which is a nursing case. She drivels and she is incontinent and she forgot a lot during a day. She tries to do her shopping by herself and she recognize her badger after some seconds. Everybody likes her cause of her cute appearance and all the old storys (good ol�times) she repeated every day...
    Her doctor from Germany (Doc Thor)tries to keep her healthiness alive, but his assistant from France (proctolgist Boulben) and his greedy stepdaugher (Alicia) are not really involved... They are just too cowardly to press this good old lady a pillow overher face while she sleeps, but the knwon heritage seems to be a temptation...
    So this lovely bluehaired lady walkes every day to her groccer and vegetated to oneself and swallows all the pills which are decreed by doc Thor... The neighbours are interested in her sizeable fortune and her lovely garden, but beside this they bid the time of the day friendly...
    She wont die cause of the therapy of doc Thor, but its a question of time when this elderly Lady will fall into a hypoglycaemic coma... Boulben and her stepdaugher (there are bizarr rumours about her real relationship!) are already wearing black, but in the moment too many witnesses present to go ahead with the pillow-shtick...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11295.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	198381
    Stwutter likes this.
    09-04-13 05:43 PM
    No it's a good analogy...my mother had the same biliary duct liver disease that killed Walter Payton. I came home from school one day in grade 9 to be told that she had no more than a year and no less than 6 months to live. I watched her go down to 88lbs and bright yellow with cirrhosis (all while I raised my baby brother and sister while dad worked, and worked 2 jobs to help pay the bills at home).

One day, her liver count in a regular blood panel went from outrageously high to normal. They admitted her because it had never happened before (and the doctor wrote a paper because the disease is almost always fatal even with a transplant) and he couldn't believe it.

This was in 1990. She's still alive today (mind you she now has a tumour on her pituitary due to medications she was in for a prolonged period of time so there's still health issues happening)...but it's been far longer than a year.

I think the analogy fits perfectly. I won't believe BB is done until they announce it.

EDIT

Holy crap, when did I pass 5000 posts?!
    That's great. I had a relative (who just died a few weeks ago of something else). He was diagnosed with 6 months to live....advanced cancer, started from prostate - moved into bones and throughout body. He lived another 17 years and was cancer-free....a miracle remission.

Having said all of that, did he change his life...yes, a medical professional (and highly regarded), he closed up his practice immediately, and went on his first extended vacation to all his time with his family. He made all the arrangements he could for himself, and them. He accepted it, and acknowledged it. It was being prudent, and wise.

The analogy is highly flawed....BB isn't a person to whom we should not talk about their situation, lest we hurt their feelings, depress them, or be seen as inconsiderate. It is a huge soulless corporation. Employees? You can bet your bottom dollar they're talking about it, and planning. You can certainly bet Heins and co. at the top have.

Yes, you could argue that it will hurt fanboys feelings if we talk about it openly and thus, we should not acknowledge it on the forum until it happens - that would be a nice consideration to them - but not one people need feel obligated to oblige by, and yes, because it's a freakin corporation, it's pretty silly. I wonder if those same fans would refuse to talk about the possible woes of Apple or another company - doesn't seem like it. Imagine if Apple's business dropped off a cliff to a tiny, tiny fraction of what they were, and Tim Cook had to announce they were looking for buyers....would those same fanboys say "no, no....it's not over, and nobody should say that.....it's like telling my Dad he's dying!"

Again, I understand the personification of BB for fanboys (animism is alive and well!), but I think such people need to "get a grip".
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-04-13 06:50 PM
    ... Didn't Rodney Dangerfield's doctor give him 6 Months to live? He said he couldn't pay the huge doctor bill in that time, so the doctor extended his life 2 more years....
    09-04-13 09:54 PM
    BBM was even what was used to organise the London riots. Not skype, not SMS, or whatsapp. BBM.
    See, I knew Blackberry would find it's niche market eventually.
    09-05-13 04:48 AM
    That's great. I had a relative (who just died a few weeks ago of something else). He was diagnosed with 6 months to live....advanced cancer, started from prostate - moved into bones and throughout body. He lived another 17 years and was cancer-free....a miracle remission.

Having said all of that, did he change his life...yes, a medical professional (and highly regarded), he closed up his practice immediately, and went on his first extended vacation to all his time with his family. He made all the arrangements he could for himself, and them. He accepted it, and acknowledged it. It was being prudent, and wise.

The analogy is highly flawed....BB isn't a person to whom we should not talk about their situation, lest we hurt their feelings, depress them, or be seen as inconsiderate. It is a huge soulless corporation. Employees? You can bet your bottom dollar they're talking about it, and planning. You can certainly bet Heins and co. at the top have.

Yes, you could argue that it will hurt fanboys feelings if we talk about it openly and thus, we should not acknowledge it on the forum until it happens - that would be a nice consideration to them - but not one people need feel obligated to oblige by, and yes, because it's a freakin corporation, it's pretty silly. I wonder if those same fans would refuse to talk about the possible woes of Apple or another company - doesn't seem like it. Imagine if Apple's business dropped off a cliff to a tiny, tiny fraction of what they were, and Tim Cook had to announce they were looking for buyers....would those same fanboys say "no, no....it's not over, and nobody should say that.....it's like telling my Dad he's dying!"

Again, I understand the personification of BB for fanboys (animism is alive and well!), but I think such people need to "get a grip".
    Agreed on personification logic and that BB is a corporation. Where my problem - personal adversity- lies with those statements about "the death of BB", is that this has been a constant theme and in most of cases people just repeat after repetition from "some source" that cannot be disclosed, without any serious, hard data, to analyze. No facts towards "actions against the tough position". To acknowledge the fact that BB is on a very rough spot for the past 2 years at least, I think everyone does see that, to that we have plenty of data. On the other side, on the planing and the "backstage" developments in high corporate level, we of course have nothing solid. So all is speculation.

I find it tiring to just keep receiving the "BB is dead" comment without a serious enlightening and data based argumentation.

Even at this point where they say that by november they will "close the matter" of "strategic alternatives", even with the data that is coming out, we cannot be sure of how the services and products of what BB is are going to be used and transform into (because if someone buys they buy to invest, not to close down... in most cases anyway...).

So for those that think that the fact of BB being sold (or however this will play out) will mean that "nothing of what comprises BB will stand alive afterwards" are clearly not really getting the picture. Maybe the name will go away... maybe no devices with a BlackBerry logo will be around, maybe they will, we do not know yet. What is only reasonable to suggest is, that if someone puts their milion - bilion USD into the company, they do that as an investment of some sort. So some legacy of BB will still be out there no matter how it will transform.

Just my 2 cents.
    09-05-13 11:25 AM
    And? Lol!! But ironically, at least there is still one person in England that still knows that BB10 exists and its YOU!! Haha. Can you now see how absurd your statement is? Maybe your friends are in the dark about BB10's existence but please don't generalize. Most of my friends who reside in England own the new BB10s. So am I to conclude from my observation that BlackBerry is doing brisk business in England?

To each their own; my "Lil Z-darling (Z10)" rocks and I'm loving it more each day.

So know you've seen it for yourself, Blackberry want to sell the business by November. Do you still think they're selling like hotcakes at a hungry fat camp ?
    09-05-13 03:05 PM
98 ... 234