TH said there should be only 6 BlackBerry 10 devices out at any time!

So are there 3 devices for Full Touch like

Z5?, Z10, A10

and 3 devices for qwerty
    Q5, Q10, Q15?

In this case there is no room for a slider (M-series?)

Or do you think

2 Full Touch
    2 Qwerty
    2 Sliders

or even

3 Full Touch
    2 Qwerty
    1 Slider/Tablet/...

TH mentioned 6 devices for 2013, which sounds not very likely today, but it says they have plans for 6 devices.

I personally believe they have no plans for a slider or any other form factor and we will get a Z5 and a updated Q10 in late 2013/ early 2014 which should give us 6 devices.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 03:17 PM
    From what I can think of I don't really see another form factor coming from BB besides the Q series, Z(L series), and A series style phones. Mainly because what is left besides a slider which no one besides torch fans are really looking for.

Obviously there are other series rumored but IMO what they will release may be technically another series but it will match one of those three form factors.

And for the six devices bit, I think this is more of a two phase approach similar to the iPhone. You have the current line and then the S line. Likewise BB IMO will have this years line and then next year they will add newer updated models to the line and remove the older ones but essentially a new model year of the same phone (obviously they will change it asthetically, but they will fit one of the three form factors).

Pure speculation here, and just a thought that came to mind when I read the OP.
    07-23-13 03:29 PM
    Treat this with the same degree of confidence as the statement (during the same launch event) that BB10 would be coming to all PlayBooks. He lied.

Personally I expect A10 to be cancelled or seriously delayed after the response to the outdated specification when the details were leaked recently. There is no way they can afford another launch fizzle and they know it, and the leak was for a spec which would have been on a par with 2012 competitors. If A series is still on the books it needs to be pushed back until the hardware has been upgraded to a 2014-15 gold standard.

Oh... and slider form factor has been a dead duck since 2010. Thick, clunky, expensive to manufacture, and no real market. BlowJobs told the faithful that touchscreen was the modern way, and the market now won't accept anything else.
    07-23-13 03:34 PM
    I bet BBRY isn't even sure what they are going to do at this point.... and that might be good. I'd rather they be flexible and provide what the market want and not just what they want to sell.

A10
    Z10
    Z5

Q10
    Q5

Slider

No Tablet

Z10 is falling into that area they wanted the Z5 to occupy, so it might be a tough device to sell. Would make more sense to wait until the replacement for the Z10 is ready and then release it and the Z5 at the same time... Or maybe just drop it completely.
    07-23-13 03:38 PM
    I'm wondering if they are working closely enough with the suppliers to find out and get the newest parts and are ready to upgrade to the latest. Or are they getting what their supplier will sell them after meeting the orders for their bigger customers . Especially if the much bigger customer help pay for it and help design it. Apple or Samsung could be telling the chip maker we want 100% of this latest part, and oh that previous model you can sell it to someone else now.

Posted via Z10
    07-23-13 04:25 PM