Hi everyone

i bought my bb at the end of feb this year its a bb curve 8520

i was using blackberry messenger last night and all of a sudden the keys i was typeing wasnt the letters showing on screen so i took battery out for a minute and then when it come back on it siad error 502 so i had to reinstall bb software

so after i done that im still stuck with the problem that a few letters on my keyboard arnt working properly coming up wrong letters,

i had a look over the forms and they said water damage but i havent had it near water and the the water stickers on the battery and back are still white ??

its also still under warrenty

anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks
    Last edited by vaughi28; 06-30-11 at 04:18 AM.
    06-30-11 04:14 AM
    If the OS reload produces the same results it could be bad hardware. Call your carrier for assistance, if they can not resolve the issue have em transfer you to RIM to authorize a replacement.
    06-30-11 04:20 AM
    Will this be ok even with me being a pay as you go customer
    06-30-11 04:23 AM
    Did you buy your BB from the carrier or from a private seller? If you bought it second hand then I think your carrier will tell you to call RIM on your dime as they have no reason to support the device purchased from outside their sales channels. Don't quote me though.
    06-30-11 04:31 AM
    bought it new from phones4u it was a o2 locked handset i bought
    06-30-11 04:34 AM
    You would need to call your cellular phone provider then. phones4u, they may transfer to RIM, but unlikely, once again I am not sure on their process. they may just replace the device it is unrepairable.
    06-30-11 04:37 AM
    ok so i phoned my provider n a got to take it to their shop up to 28 days without a mobile is a bit of a joke like any ideas on how i could sort this my self ?
    06-30-11 05:02 AM
    If reloading the OS does not work for you you don't really have many options. RIM will do the same thing as well, but you will be sending your phone for 3 to 4 weeks and if they are able to solve the issue with a software reload then you will be charged for it and they will just send your device back to you.

Have you tried reloading the OS yourself, I never even asked that. I guess I am Mr Doomngloom today.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    06-30-11 05:07 AM
    yeh when i had the 502 error i had to reload it all i guess i could try and reload it again see if that helps
    06-30-11 05:15 AM
    this all happened after installing google maps i should say
    06-30-11 05:18 AM
    I don't think GMaps actually caused the issue, probably more of coincidence than anything. If the reload continues to fail then you may not have any other option than having the phone serviced by either phones4u or RIM.
    06-30-11 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD