I hope you are right, and I don't hold anything against you for preferring BB as your device. They are great for many things.

The problem is, many of us want our banana to do functions as well as oranges, and the oranges taste more like bananas everyday. In fact, they are starting to almost seem the same except better.

I hope RIM gets it right, but I wanted all the great things you state about BB and what the others offered. I think I get pretty darn close, and more and more, they are the same devices or very, very similar.

I still want RIM to come back and see all the things that BB's are still better for get enhanced in other areas to put them back on top. They are not the only game in town in many of their former dominant areas. We shall see.
    12-21-11 09:08 PM
    Could not agree more! My next few phones at least will be BlackBerries. I love and always have. Now I'm just waiting for my upgrade so I can get rid of my Torch and have a 9900 or 9790...
    12-22-11 07:53 AM
    The best part? I love the banana and orange comparison. Its on the dot and it makes a lot of sense. Who the **** would play angry birds on an enterprise device? Like I need a BB for work!
    12-22-11 08:01 AM
    The best part? I love the banana and orange comparison. Its on the dot and it makes a lot of sense. Who the **** would play angry birds on an enterprise device? Like I need a BB for work!
    Evidently lots of people.
    12-23-11 07:29 AM
    Seriously! Amen x 1000. It's no wonder people refer to Android as just an unpolished iOS. They function so similarly because their form factors and main purposes are ultimately the exact same.

If Android or Apple wanted to get serious about messaging and communicating, and not just games, music players, and widgets........, their email and text messaging interfaces wouldn't be so lacking. And all the Android marketshare we hear about, how many of those phones have keyboards that aren't just plain sh1t??? I'm convinced that HTC, Samsung, Motorola and even Apple just hope that the world forgets what real keyboards are, because from what I've seen on Androids, no hardware manufacturer is capable of making a keyboard.

I'm betting on RIM to come out of this, but if for some reason they don't and something catastrophic happens, I really hope they keep making keyboards and sell them to the other makers, because "QWERTY keyboard by BlackBerry" would be a huge selling point. If nothing else, NO ONE can say that ANYONE makes a better phone keyboard than RIM. No one.
    You are right on the KB, no question about that!

I can debate somewhat about how you dont seem to think Androids communicate, granted it isn't as polished as BB, but I still get pushed email through gmail and yahoo is a couple minutes behind and nothing is truncated, but I can live with that. I dont need to count on my email to get to me instantly. I also get along fine on gtalk or the like, just isnt as good as BBM. Also there are various ways my Andriod lets me know I missed a call. It is actually just as good as BB in that aspect, just dont have fancy colors.

So it may not be as good, but it is close.
    12-23-11 08:25 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD