ok i wiped clean my bb installed the 4.5 os... now my 5 faves are gone... how i get them back? anyone know?
    10-20-08 04:50 AM
    Something I did was to go to TMo's site and go to your manage myfaves area and change something on one of your my faves, I changed the icon for my wife. This makes TMobile communicate with your device and in the process, puts the myfavs Icon back on your device -- send service books while you are there, or follow instructions below from your device, too.

That worked like a charm for me. Let me know if this works for you.

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.
    10-20-08 06:57 AM
    Something I did was to go to TMo's site and go to your manage myfaves area and change something on one of your my faves, I changed the icon for my wife. This makes TMobile communicate with your device and in the process, puts the myfavs Icon back on your device -- send service books while you are there, or follow instructions below from your device, too.

That worked like a charm for me. Let me know if this works for you.

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.
    I did the same thing and that worked. It took a while for mine to update but eventually the fave fives returned.
    10-20-08 07:54 AM
    It should also come back when you restore the back up file you created during your upgrade, but I was away from my computer (had to use work computer) when I wanted to put the icon back on.
    10-20-08 09:00 AM
    Like exelant said you can manage your faves online, just do it at a computer I've never had luck logging onto tmos site with my BB.
    10-20-08 09:45 AM
    That's one thing I've realized with TMO, they are VERY customer focused. If you do log into your TMO account you can change your five and the application should appear.
    10-20-08 10:01 AM
    Wow- you mean you have a dedicated icon for your faves from Tmo? Rogers you need to log into their site to change- and even then 3/4s of the time it doesn't work and you have to call CS anyways!
    10-20-08 10:54 AM
    Like exelant said you can manage your faves online, just do it at a computer I've never had luck logging onto tmos site with my BB.

It isn't very mobile phone friendly. The exceptions are using the Manage Internet Email app (the envelope with a gear in front of it) to set up email accounts and send service books, and Tzones to buy ring tones, screen pics and games.
    10-20-08 11:33 AM
    OK, so I went to T-mobiles site and made a change to one of my fave 5's...when it is updated on my 8700g will it be it's own icon or how will I know it is recognizing my fave 5's?
    03-21-09 09:35 PM
    I don't think the 8700g is a myfaves compatible phone. I haven't been with tmobile for a couple years but I remember you had to have a compatible phone for the icon to appear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 04:06 AM
    Thanks Wolf1989, that's what I was afraid of...
    03-22-09 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD