Yeah. I'm an Instagram and Twitter user for the most part and rarely use those. I have FB but I've lost a ton of interest lately and been thinking about closing mine too.

And when I want to communicate with a friend or family, I do it the old fashioned way, text or a phone call.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 11:18 AM
    Good for you! Ive been FB free for almost 5 years now. The problem I have with social media in general is that you are not the end-user of the site. You are actually the site's product. If FB was Crackberry we'd all be soft-shell or hard-shell BB cases on display for purchase.
    You are the raw commodity by which these sites data-mine your entire online experience as well as your network for the purposes of selling this data to third parties. Yahoo and Google started this business model, but FB isn't far behind

Always question why everything is for "free" online. Just one more step toward the complete commoditization of all humans. We're just 6 billion automatons whos every aspect of life is cataloged and processed for consumption. Imagine every association and communication of every human permanently paper-trailed and accessible to those who can monetize it.

My 0.02$
    You are only an automaton if you allow yourself to be.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-08-14 11:18 AM
    Umm... are the CB Forums considered 'social media' ?

Yes, it can. Well, social media can be defined as "the social interaction among people in which they create, share or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks". Social media take a lot of different forms like a blog or an Internet forum, which is what CrackBerry is.
    06-08-14 12:09 PM
    Yeah. I'm an Instagram and Twitter user for the most part and rarely use those. I have FB but I've lost a ton of interest lately and been thinking about closing mine too.

And when I want to communicate with a friend or family, I do it the old fashioned way, text or a phone call.

Posted via CB10
    Some people get a shock when they hear a voice instead of a text, email or FB post. Please just text or email me as I really don't want to "hear" from you. Does that make sense?

I have never been on FB - wife does it - A LOT. Follow some on Twitter - mostly news and some professional sports. Heck I don't even know how to tweet/retweet or whatever. Just have notifications for texts and phone calls. Life is a little simpler for anyway. Also because I am old and cranky.
    06-08-14 12:10 PM
    I've never really gotten into Twitter. I don't think I'm all that interesting to be posting about my activities all the time. Public figures, sure, I see that. However, FB I do use a lot to connect with family and real life friends, people I know "in the flesh." Twitter is too open, anyone can follow.

My addictions are FB and Instagram.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    But you could be like Carmen San Diego and keep us trying to answer the question "Where in the world is QBKnelt?" Ha!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    06-08-14 12:43 PM
    But you could be like Carmen San Diego and keep us trying to answer the question "Where in the world is QBKnelt?" Ha!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    LOL!!!!! Cute!!!! I liked that.
    06-08-14 02:11 PM
    Being a fan of European soccer and living in the us is boring so that's what my twitter is for... meet people around the world I could have sports discussions with.. as if it would be if I was talking to an American about basketball.

My face book is only useful for reconnecting with old friends I had in boarding school in my birth country. Facebook is boring once everyone realized they don't have to post about their life every 30 seconds.

I'm mainly twitter and well crack berry now for the aforementioned reasons

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:16 PM
32 12