Just installed a new 4GB memory card to my 8310 Curve. When I checked the media card under options it did show 3.7 GB avail and 3.7 GB available. But when I checked under status it showed the same numbers from my previous 500MB card....55443456Bytes file total with 12394524 Bytes free. It did not reflect the 4GB. I check the compatibility chart at ScanDisk and it listed the 8310 as compatible for the 4GB HCSD card. I also tried to save a ring tone to the card and it did not show on the card. When I tried to reload the ringtone, it did say that it already existed on the card. Any thoughts for this newbie?
    Thanks.
    07-24-08 11:14 AM
    The memory under status is not the memory card!!

That is device memory... 55Mb available and about 12Mb free (respectively)!!

The available space on your media card is correct... and you find it through Options > Media Card not Options > Status > File Free
    07-24-08 11:15 AM
    Thanks... I knew that but not paying attention. Any idea why what I save does not show up? I have formatted the card and am using software v4.2.2.89
    07-24-08 11:31 AM
    Format your media card on your BlackBerry, then try...

If that does not work. Take out the microSD, use a card reader and format thru your PC, reinstall into Berry, format with Berry...
    07-24-08 11:34 AM
    Also, make sure under media settings that you have your phone set to save media items to your card and not device internal memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 11:41 AM
    Also, make sure under media settings that you have your phone set to save media items to your card and not device internal memory.
    Could someone give step by step instructions on how to do this please?
    Thanks!
    07-24-08 11:49 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-24-08 12:04 PM
    Just installed a new 4GB memory card to my 8310 Curve. When I checked the media card under options it did show 3.7 GB avail and 3.7 GB available. But when I checked under status it showed the same numbers from my previous 500MB card....55443456Bytes file total with 12394524 Bytes free. It did not reflect the 4GB. I check the compatibility chart at ScanDisk and it listed the 8310 as compatible for the 4GB HCSD card. I also tried to save a ring tone to the card and it did not show on the card. When I tried to reload the ringtone, it did say that it already existed on the card. Any thoughts for this newbie?
    Thanks.
    Ringtones are far too small to show up at the 100 mb resolution of your Media Card space reporting. It's probably there.

07-24-08 12:05 PM
    Ringtones are far too small to show up at the 100 mb resolution of your Media Card space reporting. It's probably there.

When I went to media my ringtones, it did not show a listing for the ringtones. Also when I tried to associate the ringtone to a specific caller, it did not find the ringtone. ??????
    07-24-08 12:10 PM
    Go into Media then press Menu > Explore

Navigate to your media card and see if the files are present. If they are not present there, then explore to the device memory and check if they are on the device

If they are on neither, you need to transfer the file to your device! How did you transfer intially?
    07-24-08 12:12 PM
    Go into Media then press Menu > Explore

Navigate to your media card and see if the files are present. If they are not present there, then explore to the device memory and check if they are on the device

If they are on neither, you need to transfer the file to your device! How did you transfer intially?
    I did not transfer. It was a new download from Crackberry.com

How do I check the setting to see that my device is saving to media card and not to device memory? Seen it before, but don't remember where?
    07-24-08 12:23 PM
    thanks all. Somehow the device was saving to the media card, but not to the ringtone folder. I corrected this and all is now well!

thanks for all the help.
    07-24-08 12:41 PM
    thanks all. Somehow the device was saving to the media card, but not to the ringtone folder. I corrected this and all is now well!

thanks for all the help.
    What steps did you take to correct it? So we know for future reference and other who may be wondering...
    07-24-08 12:44 PM
    The memory under status is not the memory card!!

That is device memory... 55Mb available and about 12Mb free (respectively)!!

The available space on your media card is correct... and you find it through Options > Media Card not Options > Status > File Free
    Mine shows 964.4MB total space on the free card that came with my T-MO 8310. I guess they included a free 1Gig card?
    07-24-08 01:17 PM
    What steps did you take to correct it? So we know for future reference and other who may be wondering...
    When saving the ringtone, made sure to select the folder option with mediacard/blackberry. For some reason the first time I tried to save it, it was saved a the media card root... not in the /blackberry folder.

Don't know if this makes sense or not.
    07-24-08 03:11 PM
    Mine shows 964.4MB total space on the free card that came with my T-MO 8310. I guess they included a free 1Gig card?
    Yeah! Cool man!

When saving the ringtone, made sure to select the folder option with mediacard/blackberry. For some reason the first time I tried to save it, it was saved a the media card root... not in the /blackberry folder.

Don't know if this makes sense or not.
    Awesome... thanks a lot for sharing
    07-24-08 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD